CM Small Engines.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Calvin at CM Small engines. I want to give him some rep he deserves. He has great customer service, I gave him an NLA part number from Oregon that I wanted, I didn't know it was NLA, and he actually tracked one down that was still in the system, last one at the parts depot for Oregon I think. Got a Bar and chain from him. He gave a great price better then what I found anywhere else, I won't hesitate to order anything from him again.

Thanks allot Calvin.

Will

I've bought some stuff from Calvin, and would certainly buy modern supplies from him on the basis of his customer service alone, even if it meant paying a higher price than some of the big boys.

Calvin--if and when you can, please consider stocking some more modern chain/etc.

I've bought some stuff from Calvin, and would certainly buy modern supplies from him on the basis of his customer service alone, even if it meant paying a higher price than some of the big boys.

Calvin--if and when you can, please consider stocking some more modern chain/etc.

dont worry there its on the menu for around jan-2010

Calvin has also been very helpful with me and his prices equal or beat -gasp- Bailey's (who I also like). I recommend buying parts from him.

i bought some items from him a couple of weeks ago, and though i give him a hard time about his spelling and grammar, his customer service (i guess, i haven't had time to open the box) was excellent and the prices were good.

hmm 4 remarks out of 120 members may explain why my sales are not so good from this site

243 views also i just dont understand why people have against me on this site

Last edited:
Calvin,

Nothing against you. I just want you to have more mainstream supplies like some LGX chain in 3/8 050 and some other stuff. I don't have any old macs and homelites to buy parts for....

hmm 4 remarks out of 120 members may explain why my sales are not so good from this site

243 views also i just dont understand why people have against me on this site
Only thing I have against you is your constant whining about nobody buying parts from you. Have you thought about a different line of work, or maybe some business classes. Life's what you make it. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
this is the lgx

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/orego...l-use-/oregon-3-8-050-gauge-72lgx-chain-.html

just let me know what other stuff and i will add it
Calvin,

I posted a reply to your other comment last night, as I was a bit taken at your attitude in wondering why people don't buy from you, it sounded like whining...

But after I posted it, I decided to remove it as I felt it was better not to say something rather than something disparaging.

However, I would like to be the first to say that your response in adding this chain was stand up, I applaud you on your effort.

If I need any loops of that in the future, I will consider buying it from you. Thanks for your quick response to a user request here on AS! :cheers:

i bought some items from him a couple of weeks ago, and though i give him a hard time about his spelling and grammar, his customer
service (i guess, i haven't had time to open the box) was excellent and the prices were good

thank you for noticing that

i try i may be a one person operation

you could not believe i handle phone calls packaging recieving billing getting the parts to the proper carriers on time

you ought to see me when i do get a busy day i am constantly using tape and boxes and paper for packing the part securly in the package box

last time i was busy was back in march

had about 10 orders come in in a day

i think march was 300 orders for the month

i sure wish it would repeat itself

Last edited:
Nova II ignition module

Calvin,

I see you carry the Nova II module. Trying to give you some biz...after your recent noble effort to supply specific chain for one of the resident ASwipes. ;)

I recently acquired a Stihl 041, and the ignition is giving me intermittent spark, AFAICT.

I just purchased a used points style ignition so that I could use the Nova II module.

I just wanted to verify that the module you sell will work with this ignition. They only make one Nova II type module, right?

Are there instructions with the module on how to hook it up?

Cheers,

Calvin,

I see you carry the Nova II module. Trying to give you some biz...after your recent noble effort to supply specific chain for one of the resident ASwipes. ;)

I recently acquired a Stihl 041, and the ignition is giving me intermittent spark, AFAICT.

I just purchased a used points style ignition so that I could use the Nova II module.

I just wanted to verify that the module you sell will work with this ignition. They only make one Nova II type module, right?

Cheers,

Yes that should work with the 041, I used one once on a 031 and it worked great. Very easy to hookup, yes they do come with instructions.

Yes that should work with the 041, I used one once on a 031 and it worked great. Very easy to hookup, yes they do come with instructions.
parris,

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and get that.
I've dealt with Calvin a few times and plan to more. Great guy to deal with.:clap:
I haven't got a reply from him yet, but think I'll just go ahead and order from him, since as parris notes.

Funny, I have to tell you, I was on the verge of wanting another carving saw before I go involved in this 041 Super project. Was looking seriously at your Echo 346, I know, don't laugh...but they are popular with carvers using 12" dime tips, you don't need the power for that work and the little Echos will do fine actually. Quite a few carvers using the 3450/340/345/346 series of saws for detail work.

Now I am ending up tossing some extra $$$s at this project instead. There's a brand new in box echo 346 in my area on craigslist as well. The seller is asking too much and it doesn't sell...price keeps dropping though...lol

Calvin,

Cheers,
sorry about the delay in getting back been tied up trying to get inventory taken care of the parts i have on the store i have to pull and the parts i dont have im selling either on ebay or ray parrish in louisville ky unless some of the folks on this site dont mind buying them off my hands

at a special discount price for the whole entire lot

see the reason im doing this is bankruptcy attorney told me if i can sell the inventory sell it this is lesser paper work on my part lol

and me and paper work dont get along very well so that is why after i get re back in business i will be hiring me a cpa to do the book work for me lol

they will be on my payroll lol

since i will be pursuing a S - corporation

status

yes the nova 2 comes with instructions on how to install it etc.

but take in mind i only make 2.00 per one i sell so the more someone orders the better
besides back when i started i went to a outboard motor repair class at the local college and took a year course in that im thinking of opening a outboard motor / small engine repair and parts store once i get restarted it may take a few months to build up the income to go get the necassary things needed to do that type of work

since our area is a heavy area for boat engines and small engines alike

not very many boat repair shops around
i will also see if the local sba has any help or advice

the poulan parts i am interested in selling one complete lot i just have to get part #s handy unl;ess someone just wants to take them off my hands i can pick them and put in a box and ship them off

$ 185.00 buys all the poulan parts i have that will help me out alot

the homelite brand i will probily sell to who ever wants them $ 275.00 for the complete homelite bundle
thats parts on my site and not on my site

with that said that adds up to $ 460.00 not much but it will help some

of course shipping is what is going to hurt

Last edited:
parris,

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and get that.

I haven't got a reply from him yet, but think I'll just go ahead and order from him, since as parris notes.

Funny, I have to tell you, I was on the verge of wanting another carving saw before I go involved in this 041 Super project. Was looking seriously at your Echo 346, I know, don't laugh...but they are popular with carvers using 12" dime tips, you don't need the power for that work and the little Echos will do fine actually. Quite a few carvers using the 3450/340/345/346 series of saws for detail work.

Now I am ending up tossing some extra $$$s at this project instead. There's a brand new in box echo 346 in my area on craigslist as well. The seller is asking too much and it doesn't sell...price keeps dropping though...lol

I was thinking the other day about the dust covered 346, after buying the 211, that 346 sits alot. Its not a bad saw though, as you mentioned should be great for carving.

since i will be pursuing a S - corporation status
Having going through incorporation and un-incorporation, I would just use a D.B.A., and what I'm doing now.

Although the S corp is filed with your personal, having a corporation just attracts fees, in my experience. The only thing it does is eliminate the liability in case someone tosses a law suite against you...You will pay more taxes in the end, IMO, either through state fees or taxes, hard for a small business to see any advantage in being a corporation.

Are you going out of business? Sounds so...
but take in mind i only make 2.00 per one i sell so the more someone orders the better
Understood, this is all I need right now unfortunately. I would gladly buy more from you if you had more parts I could use. I was looking for a carb rebuild kit, but didn't see the Tillitson down at the bottom of the page, so got one from another vendor I bought another part on from ebay, to combine the shipping.
the poulan parts
275.00 for the complete homelite bundle
I don't have any poulan or homelites. Don't see any in my future either.

Just trying to help and spread around what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back