Coal question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anybody devised a way to burn up coal dust or fines? I hate to just throw them away but there is no way I'm going to keep them from falling through the grates. A fine mesh is all I can think of but it will burn faster than the fines will.

You might try mixing them in some melted wax. I would think that you could mix it up into a really thick paste with just enough wax to hold things together. I've made fire starters that way with wood shavings. You end up with something a lot like the artificial fire logs.

I would expect it to burn really hot and fast though.

I put mine in a walmart bag and put on top of 2 or 3 layers of wood in my furnace. By the time the wood is burned up the coal dust is glued together in a blob that won't go through grates and eventually burns up.

I put mine in a walmart bag and put on top of 2 or 3 layers of wood in my furnace. By the time the wood is burned up the coal dust is glued together in a blob that won't go through grates and eventually burns up.

Sounds almost too simple, but I like it. I'll give it a whirl and if anything blows up I"ll try the wax. Thanks fellers.

Latest posts

Back