company bashing via equipment.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill have to say i have nothing against someone that can take an ancient machine and make it work like a hoss and only have a grand in it more power to you and good job. but i do get a lot of work because of appearance. and the fact that we also offer top dollar work at a decent price. but three of my trucks have less than 10k miles on them and are 1-2 years old everything i have at the moment i bought from the dealer new. and i do get a lot of work and compliments because of it.

people figure if he can buy a million in trucks he has to know something and it is kinda right because if someone handed you or you already had millions i wouldn't be starting a tree business i would maybe rec climb and live on a beach.

this more shows in the pristine communities. if one of my trucks got scratched up real bad or a big ding in it it would be taken out quickly. just the appearance i go for.

not the best or right thing and i wouldn't make fun of anyones equipment on here and never have. its just retarded everyone has to start someone i had a 1985 dump truck at one time also.

I know they aren't going to understand the difference in booms and trucks, the point I was making is that one looks old and beat up, while the other looks like a solid truck. Perhaps I used a poor example. I'll try again.

Would a potential client rather you show up in a truck like this for an estimate

Drew%20and%20Carolina%20Truck%20Picture.JPG

or a truck like this?

41203_614139998558_219705174_35138144_1295506_n.jpg

Well, I think it goes without saying you are not going to be rolling up into the gated communities with "old blue" LOL!

Well, I think it goes without saying you are not going to be rolling up into the gated communities with "old blue" LOL!

ya and its not the companies fault theirs just arrogant people in the world. guy around here is worth close to 20 million and he drives a 2500.00 saturn buys a new one every 2-3 years always a saturn appearances can be deceiving.

i just got done working for a guy who made sure his ferrari was in the driveway when i showed up for the bid and its been two months and I'm still not paid I'm about to put that POS on cinder blocks.

put the grapple on the k-boom and grab it by the roof and put it up in the back of the truck in till he decides to pay.

Bah! Just trow a little air in that front tire and rattle can the rust spots and you're good to go!

Why is it always the ones that appear to have money that are so slow to pay??? :blob2:

its 550.00 dollars and that makes me super mad. told me some deal that the check will be coming from an investment firm. i planted a maple tree and used the crane to lift it over his landscape that was a crazy maze that a cat would have a hard time getting through without disturbing it and he was their while we did this. called me up 2 days later to tell me that he didn't like how we flattened the grass where the tree sat. not one drop of dirt it was in a WM bagster.

once i get paid by thies kinds of people i do it every time and tell them I'm just not interested in doing business with them and they should contact someone else next time.

picture of how we lifted the tree over his landscape didn't even drag or carry it. i had 2-4's in the bottom of the bag to keep it from closing in and smashing the tree.

aefcd48b-5c6f-8950.jpg

Last edited:
People are pretty down to earth here in OK. You got some snooty people in the gated communities but it's not like Boston or the like. They are used to the good ole' cowboy way here. :)

I do some work in gated communities but I'd say the bulk of my work is for the upper middle class in town and a lot of rural clients with nice large properties. I also have a couple of commercial properties that I work for on a regular basis. Believe me, I would much rather work for the middle class or rural rancher than work in the gated communities any day. Not to say that everyone that lives in the gated communities are on a high horse or anything, some are, some are just plain old down to earth folks. I will say I have gotten more grief from clients and neighbors in the gated communities than the bulk of the rest of my clientele.

People are pretty down to earth here in OK. You got some snooty people in the gated communities but it's not like Boston or the like. They are used to the good ole' cowboy way here. :)

I do some work in gated communities but I'd say the bulk of my work is for the upper middle class in town and a lot of rural clients with nice large properties. I also have a couple of commercial properties that I work for on a regular basis. Believe me, I would much rather work for the middle class or rural rancher than work in the gated communities any day. Not to say that everyone that lives in the gated communities are on a high horse or anything, some are, some are just plain old down to earth folks. I will say I have gotten more grief from clients and neighbors in the gated communities than the bulk of the rest of my clientele.

I've only ran across a few and ill be pushing 6 years on my own. but the middle class people are the kind that will help you cut it up and rather complaining about sawdust in their grass. way easier to work for thies kinds of people i have no problem taken extra limbs off or doing extra work for without raising the price.

i started working for myself about 3 years ago, with my dads dodge dakota and my 16' trailer, ive had done tree work for someone else for 12 or so years, a guy i dont know personaly but a few friends know started at the same time, he has a older dodge pickup not shaby looking and a set of those nuts hanging from the trailer hitch, i was able to save and buy a 89 one ton and a 88 chipper, ran that for a year, and now have a 2011 truck and a 06 chipper, that guy and his nuts are still driven around town, i personally think its the nuts

i started working for myself about 3 years ago, with my dads dodge dakota and my 16' trailer, ive had done tree work for someone else for 12 or so years, a guy i dont know personaly but a few friends know started at the same time, he has a older dodge pickup not shaby looking and a set of those nuts hanging from the trailer hitch, i was able to save and buy a 89 one ton and a 88 chipper, ran that for a year, and now have a 2011 truck and a 06 chipper, that guy and his nuts are still driven around town, i personally think its the nuts

i see them truck nuts all the time sooooo lame

i see them truck nuts all the time sooooo lame

While living in Utah where truck nuts are ubiquitous, I started to castrate them at every opportunity. C'mon people! Spay or neuter your trucks! Let's make sure every truck has a forever home by reducing the number of unwanted vehicles.

I know they aren't going to understand the difference in booms and trucks, the point I was making is that one looks old and beat up, while the other looks like a solid truck. Perhaps I used a poor example. I'll try again.

Would a potential client rather you show up in a truck like this for an estimate

Drew%20and%20Carolina%20Truck%20Picture.JPG

or a truck like this?

41203_614139998558_219705174_35138144_1295506_n.jpg

I dunno but I would like to have that chick sit on my face. But I have to admit old bucket trucks gimme the heeby jebbies and all that old ####box Chevy needs is a hood scoop and a set of truck nuts.

Last edited:
While living in Utah where truck nuts are ubiquitous, I started to castrate them at every opportunity. C'mon people! Spay or neuter your trucks! Let's make sure every truck has a forever home by reducing the number of unwanted vehicles.

Can we castrate the driver's too?

I bought my F150 off a used lot, it had a hood scoop and fresh inspection badges. I once tried to take the scoop off but the studs spun. I didn't want to get into it and I am a little superstious about taking it off but I hate to think what people are thinking about me. Sometimes I come right out and tell people not to judge me by the hood scoop. When I am on the inside driving it I kinda like it but when i look at it from the outside I gotta laugh.

New to the site, some great post, as you can see my stuff is all 12 years old or older,my 034 is close to 25yrs old, had a 028 super that was new in 1988 and a ground helper ran it in the rocks with a air leak and froze the piston, the new saws carbs dont hold up to the alki gas, the low sulfer diesel is hard on the liftpumps, and injector pumps, the common rail diesels blow injector seals out of the head, but down here in Texas,we still live on beans,the same job up north would be 3 times as high, hell some times 10 times, back in the late 80's I made more with a 3/4 ton and a brush trailer than I do now, with a city license and a ISA certification, I would love to have the 100,000 laying around to have nicer things like a late model chipper, and chip truck, and a 33 hp carlton 4012 Kubota diesel,with the sandvik wheel, the 440 with a 24-32" bar, the $3300 GCRS, etc etc,
Paul

Last edited:
I dunno but I would like to have that chick sit on my face. But I have to admit old bucket trucks gimme the heeby jebbies and all that old ####box Chevy needs is a hood scoop and a set of truck nuts.

Really,why you waste your time doing tree work is beyond me. Just spit out half my beer reading this post. A post like this makes suffering through those nut zits you talk about and doing the dishes posts worth it.

Kind of funny, I have been watching Gerry B's Videos lately and he works with 1 ground hand, an old Mobark chipper and an older model pickup to chip in in the vids I have been watching. :hmm3grin2orange:

Once I calmed down, trying to say that after 27 years poor boying it, I took a job with a nice tree company and wished I had not hurdled over $100's trying to sift dimes from slugs all these years.
The appearance does sell the jobs worth having, and it is possible to maintain older equipment
Sorry for the late night rant,on climate,economy,recession, equipment,and restoring hacked trees.

Last edited:

See, there ya go Dan, you need to tell us when you bang your wife and then spill it into other guy's pic's.
Are you a tree guy, wannabe, or just a 'perv'?
Jeff
Maybe you should should get some class or hang with the Goob's!
Jeff

Latest posts

Back