company bashing via equipment.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started out with an El Camino and a 5x10 trailer :laugh::

LOL! My first "tree" truck was a '77 GMC half ton beater. 3 on the tree standard tranny; every once in awhile when shifting from 1st to 2nd, the damn shifter would lock up in neither gear. Would have to stop. pop the hood, and screw around with it. Wheel wells got pounded flat from wood getting thrown in. Good memories. (some of them).

LOL! My first "tree" truck was a '77 GMC half ton beater. 3 on the tree standard tranny; every once in awhile when shifting from 1st to 2nd, the damn shifter would lock up in neither gear. Would have to stop. pop the hood, and screw around with it. Wheel wells got pounded flat from wood getting thrown in. Good memories. (some of them).

I had a 72 chevy with same tranny that did the same thing.

WTH, this is all getting to be too weird............I think that's probably the word for it. If I were anyone else, I'd think you were a bunch of half cocked losers. I happen to manage just fine in my old beaters, and I happen to not be able to say that about the old beaters of you all's past. Regardless I still feel the need to kick the crap out of mine. Maybe that's too sentimental..............and it is. :msp_sneaky:

Well, it's kinda like plablabalapoontang... I've never seen one in the junk yard... But I've seen a couple that aught to have been... :hmm3grin2orange:

Well, it's kinda like plablabalapoontang... I've never seen one in the junk yard... But I've seen a couple that aught to have been... :hmm3grin2orange:

You know the terminator is going to ban you for this.

"MESSAGE MEAN EVERYTHING. KOOK MUST DIE."

That is robotitronics for, "your wave lengths ain't familiar, man." Don't mess with him. He climbs trees faster than monkeys, and he has retractable chainsaws built into his 100 ton capacity arms. Proly tracking your address now..........mmmmmmmmaybe. :msp_sneaky:

You know the terminator is going to ban you for this.

"MESSAGE MEAN EVERYTHING. KOOK MUST DIE."

That is robotitronics for, "your wave lengths ain't familiar, man." Don't mess with him. He climbs trees faster than monkeys, and he has retractable chainsaws built into his 100 ton capacity arms. Proly tracking your address now..........mmmmmmmmaybe. :msp_sneaky:

Hey Ed,
This quote is an example of what is an influx of -------'s
Jef

looks like i might have struck a nerve

i started this thread for humbling reasons it seems like a lot of guys on the site have forgotton what it is like to really struggle and i think lately with the rising equipment cost fuel cost and the fact that probobly 70 percent of people just cant afford high dollar tree work. And advertising is a craps shoot especially for the price... I take all the advice i can from the elder company owners... But to me it seems like there are some people either employed by large tree services or who own them have forgot what humble beginnings we all started with no one out there became a profeshional by throwing their equipment and saying here i am world now give me work.... We are all constantly learning new stratagies and you can never judge a book by its cover..

i started this thread for humbling reasons it seems like a lot of guys on the site have forgotton what it is like to really struggle and i think lately with the rising equipment cost fuel cost and the fact that probobly 70 percent of people just cant afford high dollar tree work. And advertising is a craps shoot especially for the price... I take all the advice i can from the elder company owners... But to me it seems like there are some people either employed by large tree services or who own them have forgot what humble beginnings we all started with no one out there became a profeshional by throwing their equipment and saying here i am world now give me work.... We are all constantly learning new stratagies and you can never judge a book by its cover..

You should just relax and read what you just posted.
Jeff

ya know what your right jeff im just frustrated im not big enough for the work to flow all year.. Im working a dead end job with a bunch of people that im not sure how they existed as long as they have with such a life threatening leval of ingnorance im sorry...

ya know what your right jeff im just frustrated im not big enough for the work to flow all year.. Im working a dead end job with a bunch of people that im not sure how they existed as long as they have with such a life threatening leval of ingnorance im sorry...

So ya wanna be a treeman huh? :hmm3grin2orange:

Everyone slows down this time of year. Concentrate on learning better sales techniques and do good quality work. Always keep your word with people. Word will get around about you.

Hey, it could be worse, you could have a whole lot full of big fine equipment sitting idle and be mad at the world because a leaner service is outselling and out hustling you. ;)

So ya wanna be a treeman huh? :hmm3grin2orange:

Everyone slows down this time of year. Concentrate on learning better sales techniques and do good quality work. Always keep your word with people. Word will get around about you.

Hey, it could be worse, you could have a whole lot full of big fine equipment sitting idle and be mad at the world because a leaner service is outselling and out hustling you. ;)

word..

thanks tree md im very hard on myself because i wanna succeed sometimes i just need someone to spell out the brite sides i dont see...
For now im hanging ass tuff as the times
reading every thing i can about tree care to stay as sharp as a tack...
And trying to stay as hard as a coffin nail

[video]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Y-0nWVdBH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]
Jeff :msp_tongue:

I have thoughts about some of this but I'll keep them to myself. I will say this...if I didn't add in new stuff on a yearly basis I couldn't pay my taxes. My CPA looks at things around Nov. and advises me. I ask him once what about all these guys running that old depreciated out equipment that claim they are making good money. His reply was "Well, hmmm, something doesn't add up there does it."

Do you call your cpa for second opinion s after you leave doctors office, does your cpa run a tree business on the side?

It's like that in NY too? I have some early threads I wrote a few years ago, and I was at the end of my rope(no pun intended)
Some people were sympathetic, others told me the way it was and were a little harsh, but it was all good advice.
The mere fact we take the time to post and ask questions or answer some, says loads for the quality of people on this board. Most guys I work around this occupation its just another job. Today trees tomorrow Taco bell, they don't care. They don't want to learn , and have little pride in their work. The end of the day their not thinking trees I tell you that.
The years of being the odd guy who liked his job, are starting to pay dividends now. Not to sound corny but be true to your self, and don't compromise your values.
One of my Dad's Favorite sayings is," everyone is where they want to be". One time this girl said thats not true, I want to be a model. He replyed,"no you would like to be a model, If you really wanted to be one, instead of sitting on the couch hitting the pipe, you'd be saving up for modeling school, etc.
It's hard to soar with the eagles when your running with turkeys.
So where do you want to be in 5 years
Just some food for thought, brother. It can get better, but it don't happen by its self.

All I ever liked to do was climb. Sometimes the money never mattered. I grew my hair and climbed all over SoCal. Never wanted to get married or have kid's. I quit production climbing in 2003 and now the stress level is 10 time's what it was. I leave home at 5:30am and try to get home by 5pm because I got a wife and kid's.
BTW, I like new equiptment.
Jeff

All I ever liked to do was climb. Sometimes the money never mattered. I grew my hair and climbed all over SoCal. Never wanted to get married or have kid's. I quit production climbing in 2003 and now the stress level is 10 time's what it was. I leave home at 5:30am and try to get home by 5pm because I got a wife and kid's.
BTW, I like new equiptment.
Jeff

Stress?? We don't need no stinking stress!

i have been jonesing to be in a tree i really love what i do... My job is really rewarding to me... And theres nothing like the thrill you feel when the planets aline and everything runs super smooth.... As for the folks on the site theres nothing like the advice from all you guys who swing on a line... People as balsy as me are the right people who say what need to be said.. I miss my throw bags zing it cube it was tucked into my big shot kit from sherrill some hunter thought it was a gun in the back of my truck in november... Would have loved to seen the look on his face when he opened that gun case... Plus i have been seriosly thinking about replacing my thee year old sequoia bridge... Ya know just for poops and hahs.. Mabe just a little piece of mind in there too might go gaff up an old telphone pole on my property they dont use it no more i have been seriosly eyeing it just to do something climbing oriented...

Back