compare 50 cc saws for me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just picked up a 2152 jonsered (353 husky) 16" for full time logging use and love it. i did do a muffler mod to it and plan to port it at some time. i use it to fell and limb twitches behind my cable skidder. some large maple even.
it is a little less powerful and slower than my 2156 or 262, but so comfy and easy to handle. i also prefer the overall ability of the 353 over the 346.

I agree completly! It looks like most the responders have never run a 353, This is the internet, talk is cheap
ZG

hey hey hey..

I agree completly! It looks like most the responders have never run a 353, This is the internet, talk is cheap
ZG

all I can say is that I came here because there's a 2152 on it's way here.
That's all..

some said that it's a non-cat muffler 2152 because I didn't see a green fuel cap, whatever..

I really had to have this or the Husqy in the same cc class..

..anybody here knows what's the biggest P&C set can be put on a 2152 / 353(?) [you know, the two parallel J'red/Husqy]

say?

I think the 2152/353 P&C is the big one. The 346xp P&C will go on there, but will have a performance advantage due to the porting. Do a MM and retune on the 2152 and see how much difference it makes. It does make a significant difference on a Stihl 026.

I HAD a nice, stock 353 and was happy with it as it was despite also having a MMed 026 and 346xp. Some inbred, trailer trashin', :censored: decided to help himself to my 353, Husky 268, and more.....:angry:

what bout a 500 series echo i have a 670 its not a husky or a stihl bout for the price you cant beat it

so what u're saying is that..

I think the 2152/353 P&C is the big one. The 346xp P&C will go on there, but will have a performance advantage due to the porting. Do a MM and retune on the 2152 and see how much difference it makes. It does make a significant difference on a Stihl 026.

I HAD a nice, stock 353 and was happy with it as it was despite also having a MMed 026 and 346xp. Some inbred, trailer trashin', :censored: decided to help himself to my 353, Husky 268, and more.....:angry:

..I can put a 346XP P&C on my 2152 in the future?

:) :blob2:

about ECHO..

what bout a 500 series echo i have a 670 its not a husky or a stihl bout for the price you cant beat it

I must admit that the older magnesium case platformed ECHO's are quite amazing..
I have a mint condition 4500 and it's absolutely phenomenal. It reminds me of the modern pro 45-50cc class of today. Except that it has a manual override for the oiler :) :D

I must admit that the older magnesium case platformed ECHO's are quite amazing..
I have a mint condition 4500 and it's absolutely phenomenal. It reminds me of the modern pro 45-50cc class of today. Except that it has a manual override for the oiler :) :D

I keep looking for old mag cased ones like my 500vl.... I'm surprised the prices they go for. Just found another 500vl on cl... and its tempting....... damn CAD... I'm fighting it, but it might be winning!

Back