compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzfred

Reaction score
hi bought a baumer ag 60 cc 22 bar new,fueled it and got it started,ran it for about a miniute ,turned ti off and now i cant hardly turn it over the compression is way to high,there is no decomp button,take plug out and it turns over fine,any way to bring the compression down to start it...?

I would replace the starting rope. The rope is wedging itself onto the bottom of the spool and you are loosing leverage. The rope is wedging itself in the rewind spool giving you a false seance of excessive compression.

I've had that problem with an 044 many times. It can jerk your arm off almost when that happens. I've discovered that if I very slowly pull the starter rope two or three times, that it eases up on compression and cranks normally. Saves you popping your elbow out.

slow

yes texus have pulled it slowly through to full extension of cord 20 times in a row ,no dice lucky to pull it with a tractor ,just about had it ,teach me a lesson to buy this cheap crap

Back