cooking potatoes in insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madman39

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im cooking baked potatoes for the first time in my new lopi freedombay insert! I have a good bed of coles buring and I cut off the air to cool it down. I'm going to try a half hour and see what I get! We should have some yummy baked potatoes for lunch!:greenchainsaw:

when I had a wood stove I would cook potatoes in the wood stove by putting them in a cast iron dutch oven filled with sand. I would rap the taters in foil and bury them in the sand.

I just double rapped them in tin fole, I think it should work, we'll see!

Had baked potatoe last night with supper. No foil for me. Just open the cookstove door, wait 25 mins. or so, and voila! Baked potatoe. Get to save the tin foil to make hats with.

Last nights tater was especially good. Went along with beef au jus. Gotta love the au jus - occupies the sweetspot somewhere betwixt blood and gravy.
liplick.gif

Ya, they were good but need to go another 10 or 15 mins I had to finish them in the microwave. My little girl loved it, potatoes are her fav! I will have to do that again!!! yum!!!

30 minutes will do it. Thats the only way we cook them in the winter. I would suggest rotating and flipping them about half way through. The best darn taters ever!

My wife just made me a walleye sandwich for lunch. Your potatoes would have gone nicely with it. I may have to go home again...

flank steak

try cooking for real ,it works real good in the boiler.k

Latest posts

Back