Couldn't e-mail this guy....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This site could use an E-bay ?????/topic/forum.

It would keep from detracting from my "on topic" posts......

But I feel like digressing.

Fish,

I agree there should be a seperate forum for internet related sales issues. There was a guy week or more ago thatw as selling new Huskys (I believe a 346 and 3120) cheap. I emailed asking if they were new and he said yes. The next day ebay had no record of the auction number nor the user. Could it be another Romanian 750.

Bill

I saw that saw last night and thought about bidding when it was at $15.50 but I thought it seemed ( if Mr Fish will exscuse the phrase) kinda feeshy.

eBay con

Ok guys Tell us what you see that makes you thing it is a con I have looked and can not tell Point out the thing to look for

No feedback. Cashier's checks or M/Os only. No 'Personalized 'description-just a Husky web page. Relatively "big Ticket item(not a $10 gizmo or whatzit). It might be fine or it might be a con. I really like Ebay-unfortunately the con men have discovered ways to use it and mess things up.-The worst is when they steal a legit seller's identity and start conning people with his good feedback! (Happened to me!):angry:

"Ok guys Tell us what you see that makes you thing it is a con I have looked and can not tell Point out the thing to look for"

The lack of a legit email address for one thing, according to Jacob J..

Just Plain Crooks

Thanks Stumper very GOOD INFORMATION a great help in what to look for and to question why the different in listing from the usual --As the saying goes I could not see the trees for the forest:(

<p>Another thing to remember also is there have been a rash of "new" sellers recently claiming to be from Canada all trying to sell new Stihl and Husky saws. Yet, none of them provide an actual picture of the unit for sale, just advertisement pictures like this one. As Stumper mentioned, check or money order only, which makes it impossible for a buyer to get their money back, and even when you do get through to these guys, their replies are in broken english, like they speak very little or are using an electronic translation text program. The last one that tried to do this offered to sell me a brand new Stihl 088 for $400.00.<p/>

This guy may very well be selling a brochure for we know. Like someone said there's no personal description of what he's got or not got. There's a sucker born every minute. I can't see why anyone would bid on something without a actual description he has in his hands to sell.
Grateful

I bid on a new 372XP a few months ago. I believe my bid was around $375-$400. The saw went for around $480. A day or so after the auction ended the seller emailed me and offered to sell it to me at my bid price. There were at least two bidders that bid more than I did so I was puzzled. I emailed back pointing this out and asking why he was offereing it to me. He did not respond. I assume he was not only screwing the high bidder he was also trying to screw the lower bidders. If I were to send him the money I would be totally out as it would be against ebay rules and they would be of no help. Even if I was the high bidder ebay would be of no help since the will not help me with deaedbeat non-paying buyers. It is totally a crap-shoot.

Bill

I emailed the guy, asking what size bar it had, no response
attachment.php

Last edited:
I also e-mailed asking if saw was new or used and if He had a picture of the actual saw and got no reply. Just too many things wrong with this deal to suit me.

I just send an email asking about the bar length, original box, warranty card and manual. I also said I needed to see a picture of the actual saw being sold. I think if a large number of people send emails to the seller he may get the message that it sounds fishy. If he is legit then he will respond.

Just my random thoughts,

Bill

I sent him an e-mail too asking about bar length. I also tried to appeal to a con man's greed by asking if he would accept cash payment. Let's see if he bites

Got an e-mail from this guy, apparently the idea of cash appeals to him!

Hello again Sir,

I'm from Holland and i work with a supplier from US. In this moment i'm in a business tripp in Spain, but if you want to buy this units it's no problem because will ask my wife to send the package with UPS 2 days services.

This is a brand new unit and comes in original box. Also he has 1 year international warranty.

So i can sell this unit for 410$(US dollar) shipping and insurance taxes included.

Here is a decription:
Engine Size (Displacement)
3.5 cubic inch or 57 cc
Engine Power measured by Husqvarna
4.4 bhp
Guide Bar Recomendations. In the Northwest, the 357XP is often fitted with a 20" bar although is does have adequate power to pull a 24"bar.

Chain Recomendations. Most professional users equip it with 3/8" pitch chain. We do not recommend the use of 404" on this saw.

If the price is ok for you or if you stil have any question's come back with a mesage.

Regards
Alen Wood

Con From Holland

I e-mailed him or her through eBay about 3120xl. the reply was same as yours. Same price. BUT only said, UNIT nothing about saw. All I could look to get would be a unit ??????. I told him or she I would put money in bank for purchased unit .when the unit arrived and was accpeted or approved by me the bank would deposit the money to their account He or she would be sent notice that the bank had the money. The same way as when you import from other countrys and pay the seller
This in no way was question any ones integrity. Was sure he or she was used to this way of doing business as they were from Holland. Also told then it could be shipped cod. Am waiting their reply:confused:

ebay has turned into a wreck. trying to buy used stuff on the cheap has turned into a bunch of dealers selling new stuff at regular store prices. Feedback is no way to really tell if you are dealing with a good seller or not. Do a search on "positive feedback" and you will find almost 100 auctions for it. Oh yeah, you get aunt millies chili recipe with it, but basicly you are buying some feedback to look good. Every criminal has concocted a way to rip others off one way or another.

Even at that, I still go on there and end up buying stuff. It is like garage saleing, without having to smell people. I think I have sold about $900 worth of old auto parts that I have been gathering for 20 years and I will never use. Unfortunately I find more stuff to buy!

Latest posts

Back