couple of pneumatic saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
Found these in the back room of a shop in my area.
First is Wright that was in a military looking green wooden crate with stenciled info on the outside, I didn't snap a picture of the box because I am just plain stupid, but I am in there on a weekly basis so can grab pics if anyone cares. This saw is pretty weird, they were trying to test it in the garage with a pancake air compressor :)
It looks to me like one blade stays still and the other one reciprocates. Maybe it is for trimming more than cutting?? The red section of the grip twists about 90 degrees and it is pretty heavy.
I can never get a real answer out of these guys till I talk to the owner but they said they wanted $200 for the saw and $200 for the box :crazy:
IMG_8227_zpssoa31xca.jpg

And no I am not the dumbshit in a commercial auto shop in flip flops :)

IMG_8233_zpskmqnwbl7.jpg

red lever allows handle adjustment
IMG_8230_zpscsao4hep.jpg

The second saw is "I think" a pneumatic Partner branded cutoff saw, it is on asset of shelves in back under three footlockers, so dark I couldn't get any meaningful pictures, but they said they would dig it out for me to look at next week.
It seemed to have a much smaller wheel than standard concrete saws I am used to more of a circular saw size, heck maybe it is a circ saw, couldn't see the side at all.
Dave

I have one just like that
my cousin was gonna scrap it for the aluminum
but i talked him out of it
hooked it up to air when i first got it, and got everything moving again
its an interesting saw
not sure id pay $200 for it
thats more then i paid for any of my saws by far

I have one just like that
my cousin was gonna scrap it for the aluminum
but i talked him out of it
hooked it up to air when i first got it, and got everything moving again