Couple of questions of registering (Dallas,TX)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipperscompany

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, im sorry if this a common question but im a little new to the industry. But does anyone in TX know what all is required to register a tree/landscape company? Is there any licenses that need to be obtained? Just seeing what i would need before we make the next step. Thanks in advance

Different states have different rules, but you should contact local county/city courthouse for info about business license and insurance requirements. Register a business name, start a bank account, get a bookkeeper, call the insurance company, get educated about the industry, start advertising, and most important work safely.
Good luck and welcome.

I've never heard of different counties or townships in my area needing different licenses, permits, etc, but almost every city will require a license to operate within their city limits. To get a license you most likely will be required to show proof of insurance and some sort of performance bond. The license itself is usually cheap.

If you're going to start a business, start collecting your receipts now and keep track of gas expenses and the mileage you put on your vehicles while doing things business related. Many start up business people lose out on these early deductions.

If you plan to have a business name not associated with your real name, you may be required to sign up for an "assumed name" and have it published in a paper stating "so and so is operating a business under the name of .... ."

You will also have to get a sales use tax permit and you will need to get an employer identification number.

You really should contact your state office and ask about business start-up information. Usually they'll have a large book dedicated to helping the new entrepreneur getting started off right.

Good luck,

StihlRockin'

Latest posts

Back