Covid Whistleblowers About Last Year's Fire Assignments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I deleted my post because this is supposed to be a thread that is related to fire crews and not the opinions of the armchair experts already spouting off in the off topic forum. This is related to work, fire crews, and whistleblowers getting fired. It is not the off topic forum. If anybody wants to post misinformation, post it there.

I deleted my post because this is supposed to be a thread that is related to fire crews and not the opinions of the armchair experts already spouting off in the off topic forum. This is related to work, fire crews, and whistleblowers getting fired. It is not the off topic forum. If anybody wants to post misinformation, post it there.
So you dont like free speach? They must do what you say? You own this place?

So you dont like free speach? They must do what you say? You own this place?
That would be what those two guys would have asked... and the answer is yes, they do "own" the place.
The USPS has similar rules in place for it's employees as to posting on social media, speaking to reporters, or even speaking to customers.

But, bottom line, those two didn't seem to be what I'd call team players. better they find employment elsewhere...

:cry: :laugh:

Yeah... perfect description of the guy who got fired: armchair experts spouting off who, btw only had a problem with the non-liberal camps: “If you happen to be from Montana,” he said, “literally nobody even cared about COVID. And if you were in Washington [state], in particular Region 6, I think there was a relatively high level of awareness of COVID.

Covid is an add on. At the beginning of last year's Warshington fire season, the various agencies came up with a plan on how to mitigate it. They didn't take it lightly. Small fire camps, no lines for meals, keeping crews apart, were some of the ways they came up with to try to keep folks healthy in an environment that is not healthy. Fire camps are good breeding grounds for sickness--more than being out on the line.
Oh I’m sure they didn’t mess around when it came to the Covid here

What are the numbers on Covid hospitalization and/or deaths for Wa state firefighters compared to the rest of the country? That would be a good metric to judge if the measures were warranted or not.

They both deserved to be fired. If you’re going to be anal on Covid protocol then you should be anal about following how to properly report it. Don’t go to social media about it. That’s a No no.

Oh I’m sure they didn’t mess around when it came to the Covid here

What are the numbers on Covid hospitalization and/or deaths for Wa state firefighters compared to the rest of the country? That would be a good metric to judge if the measures were warranted or not.
That's cow excrement. If there were few, or no hospitalizations or deaths or positive cases then the precautions would be successful. It is a poor metric to use. And now we are probably going to enter the circle of bull excrement.

They both deserved to be fired. If you’re going to be anal on Covid protocol then you should be anal about following how to properly report it. Don’t go to social media about it. That’s a No no.
Think about what you just wrote. And, you never have answered my question of, What Is Your Fire Experience.
What else should they not be anal about? Boots? I mean, boots can get uncomfortable so why bother. Pants? Nomex? Why carry a fire shelter?

I don't think you have a clue as to what is required and why.

Ya all ever notice that a select few generally show up and badger SlowP anytime she posts anything?

Think maybe some of ya all need to grow the **** up.
Gawd, you are right. The trolls and paranoids have arrived en masse. There is no escape. Release the hounds! I know what to do!

Yeah... perfect description of the guy who got fired: armchair experts spouting off who, btw only had a problem with the non-liberal camps: “If you happen to be from Montana,” he said, “literally nobody even cared about COVID. And if you were in Washington [state], in particular Region 6, I think there was a relatively high level of awareness of COVID.
You even think about this? Did I not already write about our state had a planning meeting before fire season on how to handle the Covid? And apparently followed their plans? Think about that. Think hard. Thinking can be hard. Really hard so don't overwork yourself or your brain could explode.

bigsnagstump10001.JPG

I shall post....pictures! I have no fire pictures cuz when I went out on crews, we had no idea that digital cameras would exist and I didn't carry a camera cuz of all the dust and the extra weight.

But I got Logging pics.
View attachment 896988
I know a couple of ex-wildland firefighters, they tend to be pretty nice folks. Please keep bringing the logging pics, I know I enjoy them and it seems to have quieted the mob.

That's cow excrement. If there were few, or no hospitalizations or deaths or positive cases then the precautions would be successful. It is a poor metric to use. And now we are probably going to enter the circle of bull excrement.
What If there are other areas that have the same results but without the protocols?
Think about what you just wrote. And, you never have answered my question of, What Is Your Fire Experience.
What else should they not be anal about? Boots? I mean, boots can get uncomfortable so why bother. Pants? Nomex? Why carry a fire shelter?

I don't think you have a clue as to what is required and why.
There’s a chain of command to report these issues and it’s not social media. They should know that. Doesn’t mean their grievances aren’t warranted. Just means they dealt with it the wrong way.

Latest posts

Back