Crack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this prediction based on? Having seen dozens of Wisconsin winters, I wonder whether weather is a factor. Sounds like fear-mongering.

a company geared to removal is going to be high-priced on treatments, and vice versa--I am high on removals cuz I ain't geared that way.

Cracks and seams are worth checking out but if your only tool is a saw then there's not a lot you can do for it.

Hey Count, is there an image available of this creepy tree with the brace rods?
It's in the eye of the beholder ya know...

No fear mongering!! looks like a norway maple???? poster stated their is approx 50ft above, I am from the pic...surmizing its an included bark problem, looks like from the split (partial healing) has taken place only to be stressed & re-open!!

cabling/bracing without some form of weather protection will only lead to rot forming in the core of the base. due to the fact the tree has significant lead wood & crown above it...stress will continue even with cable/brace, usually weight reduction is suggested.....is there enough crown to support such?

seer based on some of your articles in regard to storms/crown resoration a few things are clear!!!! you have not returned to do future followups especially utility sector followups based on 3yr trim cycles!! your assumption all trees can be saved & maintained is ridiculous......if so, then gaurantee their safety after you have maintained them!!! your statement on weather being a factor & questioning such.......is laughable, due to your limited studies in regions outside of your own!!

I have way more tools than a saw.......I provide many of the services you do & many on a more technical level......in regards to just what we are talking about here, perhaps you could use some statistical data based on inventory gathering methods................what software are you using again???

"BCMA"????????????????? I think you should return to the field work & gather more facts, MHO..

LXT...............

Dont worry bout ole RF.....apparently them southern boys have a fetish with their Mommies............!!

RF, whats going on man?........lately seems like you have been attacking people or starting an arguement with em!! we all have bad days, we had our go round...now this!! C`mon......I thought you to be a better than this??

LXT................
lol....whatever bro....mommy jokes don't bother this Southern Red Neck cause I ain't no mommy's boy....

I guess I like threads like this about as much as you like wannbe climbers asking stupid questions threads...

Sorry to hear about your Mother. Tree is subject to a)bracing and cable work. If HO (home owner) wants to just pay for one go with the cable. More work but will get better results. The cable should also be a static system which is a steel cable with no stretch. b) complete removal. tip use a chain or rope and wrap around crack before attemping to climb or remove.

Some people don't think about spending money on their trees even if it could save them money down the road. I try to explain if the tree is a danger, why it is and how it could affect them. Just love the people that state "Oh I just love my trees" then I tell them that it is the best and safe thing to do is to deadwood them. They then say "No that's alright, but I just love my trees". :dizzy:

As for half of this thread being wasted on immature and ignorant posts, don't let a person's ignorance and insecurities stop you from posting. People that talk about things that they know nothing about drive me crazy. Like the HEX(ex). I have custody of my daughter and she just got braces. The hex says "Oh she doesn't need braces. Her teeth are perfect like mine." Mean while she is unemployed and hasn't payed any support for 5 years.

Next time post more pic's if you can maybe of the whole tree and the surrounding area. Thanks.
you got that #### right.....

Gee, I don't know. Maybe....safety?
That's understandable but no need for a sarcastic thread about it, if they aren't concerned after they have been informed of the danger then that's their problem not ours.....this thread was started solely for the sarcasm...

Can We Move On Now....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back