Craftsman Poulan 3.7 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look real nice.

I got the green 3400 in that style. Nice old saw with original 16" bar.

You want OLD and HEAVY and ALL metal?
I got this 68cc Model 41 for ten. Not sure they ever had a Craftsman version of this one. Should be a good runner once I get a new fuel filter.
View attachment 725519But the oiler's not working. So I been lookin for a suitable bicycle or trike to mount it on.
Picked up this old mountain bike for forty bucks at the pawn shop, because they thought the forks were shot. They liked to crapped their pants when I borrowed a portable jumper/compressor off the shelf and unscrewed the caps on top and aired them up.
But alas, I think the bike is too small for that chainsaw, and will be getting the direct drive weedeater treatment.
View attachment 725522
The search continues. Fat tire seems in order.

And I can't really say I love a heavy saw for usin, honestly.
But if I can get my recently acquired, circa-late-90's, 12-ish pound, 60cc, Poulan 3500 Timbermaster runnin like it should, it may covince me to sell the 372xp, Echo 490, Shindaiwa 491s, and the German Dolmar 421, and try to shake the madness and get back to a simpler way of life. Or I might just find a green or black bike.
This little saw has a real sweet feel to it even with the plastic side covers. Mag case and spring av and aluminum bar.
View attachment 725520
I give forty-seven for this clean machine. I'll keep the old 3400 for a backup.
Did somebody paint the model 41? I have a Baird-Poulan 361 Bow Saw I inherited from an old guy that’s very similar to that Poulan Manufacturing Beauty but it’s green. Anyway, sweet find.

Did somebody paint the model 41? I have a Baird-Poulan 361 Bow Saw I inherited from an old guy that’s very similar to that Poulan Manufacturing Beauty but it’s green. Anyway, sweet find.
Yeah, it looks like it was painted. Think it might've been silver.
I've seen pics in silver, and also a dark dull grey-green color.

Back