Craigslist score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Saw an ad in Craigslist last night in the free section. Ad said "Free firewood lots of locust". So I call the number and the guy tells me there is a lot of wood and he owns a tree service. He gives me the address and I tell him ill be there today at 12:30. I go and find the mother load! Not sure how many trees they cut down and into 16"-18" sections but I'm getting all I can! Made one trip today and will be back first thing in the morning for a couple more. Talked with the homeowner before I left and set up times for next week if its still there. Here's the picture to prove its real!
u8ese5uh.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2

wheres white oak id like to live in a town with a cool name like that...that is a great clist score its what im always looking for. a couple months ago i found the exact same thing, locust and ash i made 5 trips with a trailerView attachment 286076

White Oak is about 15 miles east of Pittsburgh. I just got back with my third load and have around 90 rounds and then the small stuff I don't have to split. Can't get back until Monday so ill see what's left. Nobody else has been there to get any and the tree service is gone so not sure of anyone else will show up. Glad it was close to home as I was probably a little over weight for my 1/2 ton Silverado. Got a little work to do on my splitter and then the fun begins!

Sent from my DROID X2

craigslist score

Im in the same boat your in. Just got a score less than 2 miles from my house. Over 20 large red oaks down in the woods along horse trails and the man happened to turn out to be my lawyer no less. He told me come back whenever you want and start cutting. Got enough firewood for my family and my Mom and pops house for years! Starting cutting this Sunday

Latest posts

Back