Cranes.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BostonBull said:
625,000....without the graphics, cameras, lights, and LCD screens in main cab and operating cab for back up cmaeras.

wow!!!!!

I wish NJ had the demand to buy equipment like that! Looks like it would be a lot of fun to use. Do you guys use that on every removal job? Is something like that financed over a period of 30yrs like a mortgage? I cant even imagine the payments on a normal 60 month loan.

:dizzy:

I love those German made 60 ton cranes they are definitely the best tool for the job, and sometimes I really wish we owned one. With the price tags approaching $700k I'm not sure they are a feasible investment for a company to buy new. I have considered a used 60 ton, but 700k for a new crane is steep. Especially when we are capable of completing 85% of our crane work with a 17 ton boom truck, and can rent a 60-80 ton crane for $1800-2k a day for the jobs we a bigger crane is needed. Typically I find that most trees can be done just as fast the old fashioned way with no need to even set up a crane, even though we own and operate 2 cranes.

John464 said:
wow!!!!!

I wish NJ had the demand to buy equipment like that! Looks like it would be a lot of fun to use. Do you guys use that on every removal job? Is something like that financed over a period of 30yrs like a mortgage? I cant even imagine the payments on a normal 60 month loan.

:dizzy:

Not every removal. We have two of them. We work them between 3-5 days in our companies...we own 5 tree co's. The rest of the time when one of the 5 co. cant keep them busy there are PLENTY of people lining up to rent the crane and an operator for a day or half day. We also do picks for other people/industries as well. i.e. refrigeration untis, A/C, erecting steel...etc etc

BostonBull......

I believe in your case where there is 5 companies operating in different markets all in travel distance for the two cranes....That 60 ton crane makes allot of sense.

Latest posts

Back