Cranes.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpjumper83

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking at possibly getting a crane for tree removals. Wondering what you guys

have and or rent. Looking at purchasing something like a manitex 1570 70' boom

with a 26' jib on a tandem axle flatbed. Im thinking that I need a tall crane not

necessarily a high weight cap. 15 ton size maybe. I plan on putting log bunks on

the flat bed so I can use the truck for that too. Anyone else have something like

this? Also what are crane rates in your area?

:greenchainsaw:

Just a heads up most small truck mounted cranes are not made to have a payload their built at the trucks GVW

also u may want more like a 30 ton with a 100' main and 20'/40' jib

if u get anything smaller it may not have a high lift cap. unless u park right under the tree (but if you can park their y use it?)

also get a rear mount their allot better for tree work as u can work off the back

or if u want a big 1 try this :jester:
attachment.php

yes

that is more toy then we need to own

but it will pic. 5000 lb. 275' off center

we used it to remove some 80' tall euk's from a back yard (no side yards in this area)

Is that an ms200 he's using? I only have the 14 inch bar on mine.:chainsaw:

ok, asd what was the quote total for that removal if I may ask. would 10k do it? Btw the guy running that saw has some nutz, I will not even run my 460 mag in a tree, that only has a 24" on it now, though I'm getting a 36" roller nose for occasional use for it.

:givebeer:

Like ASD said go with like a 100' with a 20-40' jib. My buddy just bought a new 130' with 25' jib and said that he wished he had bought this right away instead of his 80'. If you need anything over 150' just rent it out.

I have a 17 ton JLG rear mount for sale......13,000 miles, 80' main boom, 105' w/ jib

Last edited:
stumpjumper83 said:
ok, asd what was the quote total for that removal if I may ask. would 10k do it? Btw the guy running that saw has some nutz, I will not even run my 460 mag in a tree, that only has a 24" on it now, though I'm getting a 36" roller nose for occasional use for it.

:givebeer:

the move in charge for it was 5k
10k for two days
and a small truck for our part$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those are around $500K. With most options.:D
Still worth it in my opinion.:rock: :D :rock: :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Back