Cranes.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stumpjumper83

stumpjumper83

ArboristSite Operative
Looking at possibly getting a crane for tree removals. Wondering what you guys

have and or rent. Looking at purchasing something like a manitex 1570 70' boom

with a 26' jib on a tandem axle flatbed. Im thinking that I need a tall crane not

necessarily a high weight cap. 15 ton size maybe. I plan on putting log bunks on

the flat bed so I can use the truck for that too. Anyone else have something like

this? Also what are crane rates in your area?

:greenchainsaw:

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just a heads up most small truck mounted cranes are not made to have a payload their built at the trucks GVW

also u may want more like a 30 ton with a 100' main and 20'/40' jib

if u get anything smaller it may not have a high lift cap. unless u park right under the tree (but if you can park their y use it?)

also get a rear mount their allot better for tree work as u can work off the back

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
or if u want a big 1 try this :jester:
attachment.php

stumpjumper83

stumpjumper83

ArboristSite Operative
ok, asd what was the quote total for that removal if I may ask. would 10k do it? Btw the guy running that saw has some nutz, I will not even run my 460 mag in a tree, that only has a 24" on it now, though I'm getting a 36" roller nose for occasional use for it.

:givebeer:

jazak

jazak

ArboristSite Operative
Like ASD said go with like a 100' with a 20-40' jib. My buddy just bought a new 130' with 25' jib and said that he wished he had bought this right away instead of his 80'. If you need anything over 150' just rent it out.

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
stumpjumper83 said:
ok, asd what was the quote total for that removal if I may ask. would 10k do it? Btw the guy running that saw has some nutz, I will not even run my 460 mag in a tree, that only has a 24" on it now, though I'm getting a 36" roller nose for occasional use for it.

:givebeer:

the move in charge for it was 5k
10k for two days
and a small truck for our part$$$$$$$$$$$$$$