creosote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk680

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If you burn two or three hot fires after a cold one will this cancel out any ill effects from the cold fire? At night I think my fire maybe to cold. I have an insert and have no way to check flue temps.

What kind / brand / year of insert do you own ?

Is your fire wood well seasoned ? ( up to 9 months on soft to low hard wood and up to 2 years on med hard and hard hard woods )

I have a buck insert. I bought it used it is was manufacture in 1998. Installed it last February. The wood I am burning was cut and split around march it probably isn't perfect but that's what I got. I put 12 cords in the yard this summer I hope that is three years worth. I will have seasoned wood next year. Oak, Soft Maple, Ash, Apple is what I have the oak is still green. But burns long.

make it hot

When I restart mine in the morning I let it get real hot for up to ten minuets this cleans it out quite well as I never have to clean it but do check it every week when I clean out the ashes.

Latest posts

Back