cs271t vs ms192t help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My two 200ts are showing their age and i can't wait anymore on the t540xp so im just wanting a cheap light saw for climbing and bucket work... inform me of what you think of them.

After reading these 355T threads and getting sick of waiting for the elusive T540xp to appear i went and bought an Echo 355T and so far i love it,its not a 200T but it smokes a 201T outta the box, the 201 has more torque after the mods but the Echo isn't far behind and when its broke in they give the 201's a run for their money.

That's what I would think about.

Hey thats infringment i have copyrights on all my posts:msp_w00t: But yeah seriously think about a 355T

You didn't say WHY you had two 200T's..?? - I would just use the better one and rebuild the other one.

Then I would rebuild the second one...while using the rebuilt one.

I have a ms192T and use it a lot...(and it's my most use saw) but I got it almost like new for $150
(keeps the hours off my 200t which I bought from dealer who had done total rebuild and gave me 1 year warranty)

Soo if I was in your situation...

I wouldn't buy another saw and spend $$ that could be put into a rebuild of 200t I already have
:cheers:
J2F

Hey thats infringment i have copyrights on all my posts:msp_w00t: But yeah seriously think about a 355T

Sometimes I just have to quote someone with more expertise than I have. And what is this copyright infringment thingy.... :D

Climbing and bucket but alot of the times i take a 346 up with me in the bucket

The 271 will sacrifice some power but is well built and certainly very light. 192 will give you a little more power but my experience has been that if you look at one the wrong way the plastics break.

Well i went with the echo and man is it slow. but its much smaller and 2lbs lighter than the 200s time will tell how this little saw fits in for me. i just hate the kill switches are opposite as i usually start and kill the saw Alot when working.

At 26.9 cc it's going to be a lot slower than a 200t, most likely will out cut a 192t which have the same engine as a MS170 plus the Echo is built a lot better. Give it a while to break in, make sure it's not lean and if it has a cat get rid of it. Echo saws really respond to a muff modd. Steve

I STILL don't understand WHY you would put $$ into a low performance saw while you have the two 200T's

(both running I assume) and NOT put the $$ into just rebuilding one 200T and then the other one..??

The could be done on BOTH 200T's within a week and then you've got TWO super saws back in action.

Not being a smart-ass...but I just don't understand your thinking...what you have now just doesn't make sense..??
J2F

I STILL don't understand WHY you would put $$ into a low performance saw while you have the two 200T's

(both running I assume) and NOT put the $$ into just rebuilding one 200T and then the other one..??

The could be done on BOTH 200T's within a week and then you've got TWO super saws back in action.

Not being a smart-ass...but I just don't understand your thinking...what you have now just doesn't make sense..??
J2F

Well im really waiting on the t540xp and this echo is really light and that was the main reason for getting it i just didn't realize how weak it would be. Alot of jobs i do the little echo should be ok for like removing branches over houses. i need to post a silky vs 271t video...

Did you get it tuned right, if it's lean it will be real doggy. Most need the caps pulled . Steve

I haven't pulled the caps yet how can i pull them and not void my year warranty? i pulled the screen nothing else yet

My two 200ts are showing their age and i can't wait anymore on the t540xp so im just wanting a cheap light saw for climbing and bucket work... inform me of what you think of them.
It's before sunrise... and why this situation is still on my mind...I don't know...as I should of put it in the past...

You're out ~ $300 on the Echo low performer about the same if you went MS192T low performer.

For way-way less than $300 you could have just put new rings in both 200T's...maybe that's all they need..??

OR..for $300 you could have bought a NEW...OEM top-end kit...cylinder..piston..rings and have a like new 200T

It works on my mind what you did and what you now have..2 'tired' 200t's and an underpowered Echo
(not knocking Echo..I would say the same of ''Stihl 192t)....BUT..for the $$...you could have had ONE 200T rebuilt

and kicking ass...now you are out $300 and NO small kick ass saw. I'm gonna shut up..it's your $$ and your operation.

Just a very strange thread to me..maybe cause I have a 200T and know it's performance and reputation.
(and I hate to see good folks "throw good $$ after bad) as the saying goes....I DO hope it works out for you.
J2F

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back