Curse free sawing?or How much can I curse my saw today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 460 coughed up its coil within 3 weeks. Got it replaced under warranty. No issues since.

My 362 is tired and used up after about 5 months of use. Time for a new topend. Hopefully that's all it needs. This saw has grown on me. I like the little bugger. Light weight like a dove feather.

3 out of the 5 stihls I bought spent as much time in the shop as they did in the woods. I bought a McCulloch 125C that had a odd vibration, the dealer made a test cut, told me it was the gas cap and took it off, he came back a minute later with a new saw under it.
well........what model were the 2 good ones?

Mike- the intake boot was about split in half two weeks ago and the coil quit on sunday. I went thru four boots on my last saw and the coil was bad as well. Just the same bs. The throttle cable gets gummed up on cold wet days. The wire out to the kill switch rubs thru in the same spot. The starter recoil gets gummed up on snowy wet days. Just dumb ****.

Thats some funny **** Randy. Damn krauts.

I'm about 25 miles from sheboygan falls. I think I know where that shop is at. I try not to head towards sheboygan way...

Some guys are slow learners.

Bitz, don't worry, even a Stihl will have a few rare problems. After a long hard life though.

Take that sucker back. If they can't figure it out under warranty, they ain't gonna figure it out. The shop didn't like it, but drop that thing off on the counter, when they balk about it, have them call Husky and explain what's happening or that yo0u will do it for them. They sold ya a bill of goods, make them own up to their end of the deal with a working problem free piece of equipment.

I've been lucky except for one lemon. Came down to change the saw out for another or a complaint would be filed against them with Stihl. If you have another Husky place around the the number from them before you go back. Having the number will rock them on their heels and get things happening quick. I don't even know if you can do that or not, but they didn't call my bluff. I had the number where all the local shops order from.

Owl
Guess what happens when Stihl Northwest gets a customer complaint about a dealer? They usually send you through to the tech guy and he gets to the bottom of the problems you are having with the saw. He's really sharp and can usually tell if it's a saw issue or owner issue. Sometimes the customer gets a new saw. Sometimes we get permission to tell the customer to pound sand. Throwing down the bluff that you'll call Stihl directly honestly doesn't scare very many dealers.

That said, I take care of my customers and a problematic saw will be taken care of one way or another.

Throwing down the bluff that you'll call Stihl directly honestly doesn't scare very many dealers.

That said, I take care of my customers and a problematic saw will be taken care of one way or another.

Whether it scared them, doesn't matter. It worked.

I wish more dealers had your mentality. I also understand that a single problem is 100 times and 100 good things need to happen before you hear of one.

I don't want my saw to be, a personal project/vendetta of theirs, a dust collector on the back shelf cause they can't fix it, more familiar with the round trip route the saw shop better than I do. I want my saw to work, to cut wood and make me money, not the dealer/maker money, they got theirs when I bough the thing.

Owl

Whether it scared them, doesn't matter. It worked.

I wish more dealers had your mentality. I also understand that a single problem is 100 times and 100 good things need to happen before you hear of one.

I don't want my saw to be, a personal project/vendetta of theirs, a dust collector on the back shelf cause they can't fix it, more familiar with the round trip route the saw shop better than I do. I want my saw to work, to cut wood and make me money, not the dealer/maker money, they got theirs when I bough the thing.

Owl
Thanks for the compliment and no argument from me on the rest Owl.

Latest posts

Back