Curse free sawing?or How much can I curse my saw today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike- the intake boot was about split in half two weeks ago and the coil quit on sunday. I went thru four boots on my last saw and the coil was bad as well. Just the same bs. The throttle cable gets gummed up on cold wet days. The wire out to the kill switch rubs thru in the same spot. The starter recoil gets gummed up on snowy wet days. Just dumb ****.
Throttle cable and kill switch sound awfully familiar, typical problems.

I'm not a brand loyalty guy. But, wanna try one of mine? Maybe I can get one up to you. hopped up 660s. not a bad saw. Give it a 2 week trial or something

I'm gonna try one of the blue Dolmars from Baileys next. I can get one of those with the larger cylinder, send the saw out for a port job (with shipping 2 ways) and still save $89 over my local dealers price on a new 460.

Might be worth a try anyway.

Throttle cable and kill switch sound awfully familiar, typical problems.

I'm not a brand loyalty guy. But, wanna try one of mine? Maybe I can get one up to you. hopped up 660s. not a bad saw. Give it a 2 week trial or something
Joe, I appreciate the offer! That'll just give me more to think about though and I'll be hell bent to buy a new 66 after that. I buy one saw a year. I'll have to get one next year. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back