Custom Woodworking Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rains

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just signed up for the site at the recommendation from a roomie, and he said I should post some pics of what I do for a living.

Ive been a custom woodworker/cabinet maker for around 11 years, and been exposed to the family industry since I was born. I work in a small shop owned by my dad and his friend with a few other guys. We manufacture just about anything you can draw up - and over the years, Ive seen and built many strange things. Unfortunately, I dont have any pictures of most of the older stuff, but I do have an album with a lot of my newer stuff in it.

Our shop uses all older equipment, with nothing digital or computerized. Everything is hand-carved, turned on a lathe, or otherwise rigged together using...alternative manufacturing processes.

I didnt see any rules against linking to an outside pic source, so I'll just go ahead and point you guys to my SkyDrive Album rather than taking up 20 pages of the forum.

Cheers!

SkyDrive Album

EDIT: Another SkyDrive Album. That is genuine Peruvian Mahogany, made illegal for export from Peru in the 70's. The log we cut it off (which you can see) was brought over by the owner of Wells Cargo in 1956, and sat in a yard until we got our hands on it. Probably the most amazing wood Ive ever seen. Flat, consistent waving grain. The pictures really dont do it justice.

Last edited:
Roomie Pics

Rains made me a bed out of curly maple.
Bed.jpg

He also decided to make a hidden compartment, that houses my Benelli.
Hiddengunholder.jpg

Oh, Yeah

He also made me a nice, curly maple picture frame for my Arborist training course certificate. :bowdown:
24hours.jpg

Back