customer comments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was up in some trees across the street from my house this afternoon. The next door neighbor came out and was yelling at me. She said that I am not old enough to be climbing trees. She later said to me that if I fall on my head that I should just call her. I was only up about 40 feet. About 2 weeks ago I was up in a white oak on my street as well. A different neighbor comes out and asks me if I had a safety net below myself. I was only up about 50 feet that time. Any of you guys ever get lines like that?

Yup, usually from well-meaning, motherly types. When I was your age I got annoyed. But I've started to mellow (just a little bit) with age and I can really appreciate it when someone shows that much concern for my well-being. People like that are the ones that will invite you in and feed you when you are done working! :p

a comment that recently pissed me off. a guy i work with is also a fire man. i was dropping him off at the fire house, as i was pulling away the guys said who's that. so he replyed " thats a climber i work with" so they said how long till he falls? ( a company i work for had 2 climbers hurt in the past 6 months) he just laughed and went up stairs to change. when he came back down they had a pool on the chalk board with dates i might fall by. i asked if we could raise the pool to a $ 1000 entry fee and after 6 months and no falls do i get the money? he won't let me drop him off there any more ,he knows i was so pissed about it. i wanted to stop by and ask how many of your fellow workers ran into a falling building. i know its in poor taste but so was there pool. i just did not find it funny.

Latest posts

Back