cut a lil hedge yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hupte

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
just figured i'd share some pics. here is the hedge line.
DSCN0446_zpse84db314.jpg

DSCN0448_zps9671fe04.jpg

this is my helper. just a firewood cutting friend who hooks me up with wood from time to time. 71 years old, Vietnam vet, ran a chainsaw for 8 hrs this day. very set in his ways. i have nothing but respect for the man.
\
DSCN0453_zpsfda1ef2b.jpg
DSCN0450_zps08287214.jpg

load number one

DSCN0444_zps9081453a.jpg

DSCN0445_zps023c8161.jpg

number 2

DSCN0456_zps4d7761e5.jpg

number 3

DSCN0460_zpse48de9e3.jpg

more pics to come

Woo Hoo.
That is like 50 bazillion BTUs right there.

Might have to cut me some Osage someday.

David

Man, that's a lot of wood!

Can't run a wheeled skidsteer like that around here off a hard surface very often, ground is way too soft. If there's a month long drought in the summer you can, then it gets hard, this time of year though, geez, soup.

Looking good! We need to finish our skid steer trailer first, then we will finish the gooseneck hydraulic dump and I can use it to haul some hedge....someday. I limbed out a few long standing dead hedge today that my dad knocked over with the dozer for me a few months ago. Just need to buck them and split and ready for a cold day.

Thanks for the pics!

Nice sized trees. Osage Orange rarely gets that big around here. There are a few places where the hedges grew into trees, but most of the Osage around here is 15-25 feet in height and grows like an oversized bush with multiple trunks and entwined branches making it really hard to cut, and not much wood when you do. There are, however, lots of long thorns on the branches to make it even harder to cut. I would like to have a few trees the size you cut.

hupte. let me spell it out. Y O U S U C K!!!! deaannggg that's a bunch!! and you said just a little. yah, uh huh....I took down,, 5 locust trees two years ago,, and now burning it. iffin I had my way,, id no longer burn anything but that...........long burn, and hot...

Hupte:
I Assume that you are in the firewood business.....
Question:
Have you ever heard of an Osage Bow Stave? Bow as in Bow and Arrow.
With the proper tools they can be produced fairly quick. They bring any where from $20.00 to $40.00 dollars each.
With that much Osage you might want to check into it.

David

The bigger trees appear to be locust, or am I incorrect? Yellow wood and bark looks like it anyway.
its all hedge, black locust is more of a yellow color, hedge is more orange. i have some black locust from another haul. from last year. i'll try to get some pics posted of a side by side comparison and some mulberry too.

Hupte:
I Assume that you are in the firewood business.....
Question:
Have you ever heard of an Osage Bow Stave? Bow as in Bow and Arrow.
With the proper tools they can be produced fairly quick. They bring any where from $20.00 to $40.00 dollars each.
With that much Osage you might want to check into it.

David
i'm not in the firewood, or tree cutting, business. i used to burn 25+ cords per year, until this year. (house remodel)

i've never heard of an osage bow stave. i'll check it out. i'm not much of a salesman though. buy high sell low. thats how i've always done business. lol.

Latest posts

Back