cuttin the top of a spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what-a-stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
attachment.php
[/ATTACH][/IMG]
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
ahh it makes it so much easier to climb without a rope..with all those branches your rope bag gets buried and your rope get tangled//but it is alot better once you get onto bigger trees and your 100' up and can tie in..all along the way up once i get to about45-50' depending on the girth of the tree's..

Last edited:
ahh it makes it so much easier to climb without a rope..with all those branches your rope bag gets buried and your rope get tangled//but it is alot better once you get onto bigger trees and your 100' up and can tie in..all along the way up once i get to about45-50' depending on the girth of the tree's..

what I would give to climb over 100'!

If i'm not mistaken thats a non-wire buckstrap of the sort...thats super dangerous one nick and you will be bailing out of the tree...get a wire core at least man thats an amatuer move...i hope i'm wrong and your being safe though...:agree2: then learn how to climb without spikes and one day you will climb 100'...then you gotta buy a 200' rope and get both ends of the ground...i've gotten close but ya thats a milestone for sure..but who takes the time to really measure unless you have a laser or a sextant or some Sh%T..inclinometer and are good at math...

I do have a 12' yale steel-core flip-line I just used a double rope tie in instead on this perticular tree. And actually I learned to climb without spurs before I did with 'em.

just looking out for ya...i have hit my wire core and luckliy it didnt break the jacket too bad but if it was rope it might have been different...it's really a matter of time before something like that happens when you do tree work everyday no matter how carefull you are your goign to get some nicks...:cheers:

just looking out for ya...i have hit my wire core and luckliy it didnt break the jacket too bad but if it was rope it might have been different...it's really a matter of time before something like that happens when you do tree work everyday no matter how carefull you are your goign to get some nicks...:cheers:
You are absolutely right and I appreciate the heads up

I had a buck strap for ten years not one nick let a friend use it and wolla unusable afterward.
They may last longer if your paying for them.

Latest posts

Back