Damb you ArboristSite!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments. It's a 20" bar. Maybe a little ambitious for this saw but with a muffler mod and a bit of breaking in, it should be fine. I came home and ran it full-bar into some big crap poplar that I dumped down in the woods last year. Still hard, well, hard as poplar is, and you can bog it down pretty easy. It's not the torque monster the 460 is. It should wake up after a few gallons of fuel and the muffler though. Nice anti-vibe though. I like that.

Ah, Saw Troll, saws I no longer need? Have you been talking to my wife? Is there even such a thing. Hell, I still need my 290!

Those slabs are the start and stop slabs from that big cherry burl I had cut up last fall. Odd, tapered pieces that aren't really any good. Just haven't taken them out of my truck yet. The rest of the burl is good and dry in the basement waiting to be planed. They were cut with a band saw here in town. An no, no 660 or 880 yet. Notice I said "yet"!

Jim

Last edited:
You know, it's easier to drive your truck if you put the driveshafts back in.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice Addition!

Well...AS has gone and done it to you again! Forced you to go down and buy that good for nothing 361. What's wrong with you? You should have done this LONG AGO!!! :rock:

Congrats on the new saw! I think you'll like it.

I did the same thing Woodsrover, i went looking for a 28" bar to put on my 575, and ending up ordering a 385 with a 32" bar on it. My fiance' asked me tonight if i got my bar ordered, i said "yep" and keep eatin' dinner. i just forgot to mention the powerhead that comes with it.

What someone needs to figure out is a rattle-can spray paint that we can put on our new bars so they look old. My wife cuts with me but wouldn't know the difference between the 290 and the 361 given 5 minutes worth of saw dust on the new saw. Trouble is, the bar is all shiny and new. I need a way to mark it up a bit. If the bar on the 290 had the same pitch I throw that on.

Jim

Dip your saw in used engine oil, roll it around in the yard for a day, and drag it behind the truck for a mile, or so. That should fool her:hmm3grin2orange:

What someone needs to figure out is a rattle-can spray paint that we can put on our new bars so they look old. My wife cuts with me but wouldn't know the difference between the 290 and the 361 given 5 minutes worth of saw dust on the new saw. Trouble is, the bar is all shiny and new. I need a way to mark it up a bit. If the bar on the 290 had the same pitch I throw that on.

Jim

Hey Rove I have a used 20" Stihl bar thats well used but good I'll let ya use it for a while and she'll never know the difference!!!!!!

IS that like,,,,,, enabling????? :clap: :clap: :clap:

What someone needs to figure out is a rattle-can spray paint that we can put on our new bars so they look old.
/QUOTE]

Run it through the planer.. :jester: :jester: :jester:

Seriously, just swap the bar off another saw and leave one nude. Throw the new bar in the trunk. Casually mention you need a new bar and then get it out of the trunk tomorrow.

Or you could take the bar off and hit it with the belt or palm sander... :cheers:

Dang it!!!!

I saw your post over on my thread. I sure wish I'd thought to take a picture of my new 361 before I cut wood with it and got it all oily and covered by saw chips! :)

Maybe we should get together and race our new saws! :)

Another dirty saw,,,, with oil and wood chips no less,,, You ought to be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really needed this, right?

361.jpg

Jim

Yes, you did. Great job. Way to spend that hard earned money. Just think, now you can make it faster and easier.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back