Dark days ahead!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Not a single pro motocross rider rides a 2 stroke anymore. The 250cc class and 125cc class are now called Supercross/Motocross (old 250cc class) and Supercross/Motocross Lites (old 125cc class).

The big class is all 450cc 4 strokes, and the Lites class is all 250cc 4 strokes. Now Suzuki and Kawi have fuel injected 4 stroke motocross bikes. The 2 strokes just ca't compete with the big 4 strokes.

The only drawback to fuel injection I see is an onboard computer... which will be costly as in more $$$. But in the long run is more efficent. :)

Gary

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
yeah havent seen 2 stroke motocrosser in a long time.
i ounce swore id never get one but ive been think about yamahas 250f. they still ride like 125. pinned all the time.

stihl sawing
Not a single pro motocross rider rides a 2 stroke anymore. The 250cc class and 125cc class are now called Supercross/Motocross (old 250cc class) and Supercross/Motocross Lites (old 125cc class).

The big class is all 450cc 4 strokes, and the Lites class is all 250cc 4 strokes. Now Suzuki and Kawi have fuel injected 4 stroke motocross bikes. The 2 strokes just ca't compete with the big 4 strokes.

The only drawback to fuel injection I see is an onboard computer... which will be costly as in more $$$. But in the long run is more efficent. :)

Gary
Thanks, Did not know the 250 class were fours now.

GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
and before anybody wonders... the old 125cc class was limited to any bikes from 120cc to 249cc... 2 or 4 stroke. The 250cc class was any bike from 250cc to 450cc... 2 or 4 stroke. Anything 451 or larger (2 or 4 stroke) was considered "open class". So the 450's and 250's of today were always legal in their respective classes. It's just when a few guys started winning with them... everybody went to them

Remeber the 500cc Supercross/Motocross races? Good times... :)

gary

Last edited:
edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

attachment.php

landyboy

landyboy

ArboristSite Operative
My bruv rides MX. He stuck with 2 strokes while everyone else had thumpers, but when he changed, said he`d never go back. The excitment of that powerband hit is gone but the power is more usable and lap times are much faster.

fredmc

fredmc

Addicted to ArboristSite
My bruv rides MX. He stuck with 2 strokes while everyone else had thumpers, but when he changed, said he`d never go back. The excitment of that powerband hit is gone but the power is more usable and lap times are much faster.

I agree, thumpers create a different power band than a two stroke. Although, to get the same H.P. numbers you need twice the displacement in a four stroke. Also a four stroke has twice as many moving parts. For the freakin sake of chainsaws, lets keep em two stroke eh?

landyboy

landyboy

ArboristSite Operative
I agree, thumpers create a different power band than a two stroke. Although, to get the same H.P. numbers you need twice the displacement in a four stroke. Also a four stroke has twice as many moving parts. For the freakin sake of chainsaws, lets keep em two stroke eh?

Yup, weight and rebuilds, noooo ta. Take all the fun out of it.

pelhamjeff

pelhamjeff

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
and before anybody wonders... the old 12cc class was limited to any bikes from 120cc to 249cc... 2 or 4 stroke. The 250cc class was any bike from 250cc to 450cc... 2 or 4 stroke. Anything 451 or larger (2 or 4 stroke) was considered "open class". So the 450's and 250's of today were always legal in their respective classes. It's just when a few guys started winning with them... everybody went to them

Remeber the 500cc Supercross/Motocross races? Good times... :)

gary
Is there a feedback system on a four stroke dirt bike?

Latest posts