David Bradley progress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Last Spring I brought this beast home from an auction. Non runner, cleaned up and now running. Until today the chain was rusted half rigid but thanks to oxy/acetylene torch to heat the stuck links and a boatload of Gibbs (brand of panther piss) the chain now goes roundy-round again. Yes, it sounds unremarkable but this thing was in sad shape and its good to see it working again. The next step is a celebratory cut for my saw "hall of fame" so it can join the Mall 12a.

Lets say I wanted some new 1/2" pitch chain for this thing. Where to find it? This might be nice if I wanted to take this saw to a saw get together.

index.php

fubar2

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Lay in a good supply of extra heavy duty hearing protectors and hire a Mexican scrotum holder. Otherwise theres a good chance of your jewels squirting out the top of your head.

Addicted to ArboristSite
the cutting hour hath arrived

There!

After hours of cleaning, heating each and every rusted chain link to red heat with a torch and exercising them with a pair of Visegrip pliers the David Bradley has finally cut wood once again. Slow and dull, but it has made it back to the land of the living!

Applause please!

:clap:

Latest posts