Deer and firewood recipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhead kid

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If you need something to do on a stormy night

Ingrediants:
1 chainsaw gassed and sharpened
1 4x4 pickup
1 axe
1 package hotdogs, buns, and mustard
1 case budweiser
1 Rifle
a few portable lights

Optional:
Steelhead rod
access keys

Directions:

Pick up Buddy and give him a beer
Drive into Natioanl forest or other private land
Hang lights on trees surrounding the log you have been drewling over
Buck, split, and load wood (don't stack)
Build small fire
Roast hotdogs on a twig
Consume dogs and beer
exstinguish fire, pack up lights, load rifle
Spot deer in the road
Kill deer with rifle
gut deer, if doe remove head
load deer in truck
Stack wood on top of deer
drink another beer
return home

Optional:
Before returning home you should be approaching daylight, stop off at nearby
spawning stream to harvest steelhead.

If your still reading this you better geta good lawyer. and remember don't drop the soap!

Interesting...you mention deer and chainsaws. I had only a so-so deer hunting season this year. Bagged what I normally do but I missed out on seeing the over abundant number of young deer at my stands. NOrmally see close to ten undesireable deer everytime I go out. This year I was lucky to see one or two. Anyway while cutting on a fence row couple evenings ago my saw ran out of fuel and I decided to call it a night. Walking to the truck I looked to the north and there were at least 6 deer that I could see all heading in my direction. I watched for a minute and decided to head out. Going west down the fence row there were 7 all heading in my general direction. I had a flash back to when I was a youngin reading field and stream magazine. There was an article that talked about the curiosity of deer and the the author once had several deer come really close to him while he was running a saw. This is the first time I had witnessed this...or maybe it was just chance they were all headin in my direction. Might have to take the saw a hunting with me next year :chainsaw:

Keep the gun/bow with ya when you cut.

When splitting here, there's shotgun right close just for that reason. It's when you are busy that the game is around or the fish bite.

Back