Defending the "Mighty" Hotblast thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a reason a good modern furnace uses a natural draft principle . I've never met a person with a hotblast or the like who kept using his forced draft blower. .
Well... I use the one on my DAKA (forces air under the coal grate) and I don't have any of those issues... it uses natural draft for stand-by. I was sort'a leery of even mounting it when I installed the furnace... but I'm glad I did. It's made running that furnace 100% fiddle-free... just load and forget (well I had to program the thermostat). I get 6-12 hour heating times, 90% of the time 8-10 hours... and unless it's butt-crack cold out, we really don't load all that much wood in it. Heck, when I loaded it this morning it had been 15 hours, house was right at the set-point (wife loaded some about 2:30 in the afternoon, I didn't add any after work last night, but temps are pretty mild right now). The draft blower did run last night about 8:30 for maybe 15-20 minutes, don't know it it ran after that, I was sleeping (shrug)

White spider based on some of your past posts on the incredible efficiency of your smoke dragon daka the ridiculous elitist EPA stoves that don't ever work and other subjects such as Bias tires fuel injection forced draft and secondary combustion as well as other tall claims one can only conclude that you live in the twilight zone in another dimension where the laws of physics and reality don't apply

White spider based on some of your past posts on the incredible efficiency of your smoke dragon daka the ridiculous elitist EPA stoves that don't ever work and other subjects such as Bias tires fuel injection forced draft and secondary combustion as well as other tall claims one can only conclude that you live in the twilight zone in another dimension where the laws of physics and reality don't apply
Ha! Join the club flotek! Here's a post I made about three weeks ago in spideys "Fair warnin' to y'all" thread. Look at spideys comment that I replied to...at least he admits it! :happybanana:
as post.PNG

White spider...
  • "Incredible efficiency of your smoke dragon daka" - Your words, not mine... your idea of efficiency and mine are two different things.
  • "EPA stoves that don't ever work" - Your words, not mine... I defy you to quote where I've posted the "don't ever work."
  • "Tall claims" - That's an opinion... correct?? What makes your opinion more worthy than mine??
  • "One can only conclude that you live in the twilight zone in another dimension" - Heck, you're the one thinkin' that just because my experiences and results don't match yours it automatically makes mine from "another dimension". I'm a realist, I'm fully aware the words "always" and "never" should be avoided... I'm fully aware there are no absolutes. I don't need to, or want to, believe in the magic (which is another dimension)... you, on the other hand, are just being arrogant and insisting I'm full'a crap because I challenge your belief in absolutes... your beliefs in "always", "never", and magic. There's a few that post "I agree with Spidey"... are they also living "in the twilight zone in another dimension"?? Why don't lay into them?? I'll tell you why... because they don't challenge your need to believe... but I do.

And yeah... I'm gonna' start callin' out the arrogant, pretentious, pompous, "crapola" 'round here.

In defense of Rod Sterling, er... I mean Spidey, even my hotblast has been heating my house efficiently in these milder temps. It's been mid 30s during the day and upper 20s at night with NO WIND. I'm only loading 3 times a day and keeping my fuel oil from kicking on even with its thermo set at 69 in this weather. Unheard of for January most years and especially for my set up. Twilight zone indeed. I think I finally have my setup figured out. Humongous chunks of dry ash is a big part of that equation.

I just couldnt keep up with the wood supply needed to run mine. It uses twice what my stove does. It's still nice to fire up on the real cold days when the stove can't quite keep up but i'll be selling mine in the future.

Got a 1557 from a coworkers neighbor 4 winters ago for $250. It definitely has some major weaknesses, all beat to death in countless threads. But $250 for a furnace used for one season! I stole it and have abused it ever since. Heats a 1200 sq ft 1930's sears and roebuck house to 70 degrees plus with ease. Knots, junk, coal, and best of all EAB ash--eats it. Add beer (just steps away) and cable TV and its paradise in the depths of the basement......

Back