Delivered some wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had been slow and caught up on all deliveries. The last couple of days the phone rang and I had to get to work. I delivered 2 cords yesterday. I delivered 3 cords today. And I have to deliver a cord tomorrow. 4 days ago I was caught up. Best thing is 3 of the cords were referrals. Two cords were repeat customers. One was new customers. Here is a pic of the wood hauling truck. This is my beater I use to get wood out of the woods when I'm not using the skid steer. When I take more then 2 cords of wood I also use this truck. I can throw another cord in the bed and take 3 total. Usually I deliver 2 cords at a time. Then I take the 02 Dodge Diesel. In the pic there is 2 cords on the trailer and 1/3 of a cord on the truck.

Scott

Uload?

Scott - How do you unload all that wood, stack it or dump it? I guess that depends on what they purchase, delivered and dumped, or stacked? We have never bought wood, but I bet that trailer (2 cord) would dump and make a nice pile!! Cool setup.

dump

Scott - How do you unload all that wood, stack it or dump it? I guess that depends on what they purchase, delivered and dumped, or stacked? We have never bought wood, but I bet that trailer (2 cord) would dump and make a nice pile!! Cool setup.

Scott,.. vary nice,.Does the dodge dump,?, Ive got a sisor lift unit if you need one,.E,J,

I only have 2 or 3 dump off customers. Almost all of mine get stacked. That wood was going to one customer. I pulled in the alley right next to their garage and stacked it in the garage. I love the dump trailer because I don;t have to get in the back and throw wood back. I leave the back gate closed and raise the bed up. The wood just slides back to me as I load the dolly. It also keeps the mess inside the trailer. I just have a quick sweep up and I'm gone. The truck also dumps. Same thing I take the rear gate off and place a board across the back and raise the bed. The wood slides back. I usually deliver between 6 and 8 ranks of wood a day when I am delivering. That makes for a full day when you consider drive time. I have dolly made up that hold 4 sq ft (frontal) I give a person 8 dollies and that is a rank (1/3 of a cord) Using the dolly I don;t have to stack the trailer or stack the wood at my place. I usually load the trailer and truck with the skid steer. It's kind of hard to load and not get dirt in your scoop. This summer I think I'm going to pour a 40x80 slab to keep wood on. That will make loading easy with the skid steer. I'm trying to make thing more efficient. I'm hoping within 3 years I can be around 200 cords.

Scott

Back