Detent valve auto return adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canatct

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Brave splitter with Energy C1048 control valve. Just purchased used and it splits great but auto return kicks off too soon. Even after using it an hour it seldom went all the way back. Can someone walk me through how to adjust it?

On my splitter the spool seeps a little oil and the detent will hold for a while until a little pressure builds up in the cover then it starts kicking out early. Just something to watch out for. I thought about drilling a weep hole in the bottom the cover.

Thanks for the replies. When I remove the detent cap what do I use to make the adjustment? Can it done by hand, Allen wrench or?

Yes its an old thread.
I just wanted to say I have used the above trick with this "energy valve." If I do not have to spend the money on a new valve till spring the 30 seconds I spent doing this job will have been time well spent with great payback!! It has worked great for me, and being in a financial tight spot it has given me the ability to save a few bucks for something else important.

My thumb-in-the-dike solution was to rig a 4" spring to pull the handle back and thus help out the detent. My next solution is to replace the entire valve assembly for about $60 because it's leaking slowly in three places. I think I can hold off until spring. Knock on wood.

Latest posts

Back