DHT 27 ton on sale at Menards!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info on splitter that is a good price,i too wish i had the cash to buy one!!! let us know how she does when ya get it together..

thanks for the heads up. I need a splitter and am going to menards to check one out.

Welcome to A.S. guys and don't feel afraid to post.

We actually have a number of Farm & Fleet type stores around here in the Minnesota area: Mills, Blaines, Runnings, L&M, in addition to Tractor Supply, and the home centers (Home Depot, Lowes, Menards), Northern Tool, etc. Mostly run into employees that just stock the shelves, but I occasionally find an employee in the saw/logging department that really knows their product lines.

Philbert

Not sure if they send out everything next day, but I received my missing parts in the mail today! Assembled the rest and split our first log with it. I posted the video in the main DHT thread. On a side note, we bought a five gallon bucket at Fleet Farm and overfilled the reservoir and still had some left in the bucket. Started it up and than ran the cylinder a couple of time and then dumped the rest of the bucket in and it was just above the max fill mark. Although there is still room to add more oil ( judging with my eye ) and we have another 2 gallon jug in case we want to add more

Not sure if they send out everything next day, but I received my missing parts in the mail today! Assembled the rest and split our first log with it. I posted the video in the main DHT thread. On a side note, we bought a five gallon bucket at Fleet Farm and overfilled the reservoir and still had some left in the bucket. Started it up and than ran the cylinder a couple of time and then dumped the rest of the bucket in and it was just above the max fill mark. Although there is still room to add more oil ( judging with my eye ) and we have another 2 gallon jug in case we want to add more

Bartz sorry for the inconvenience of having to ship you parts that were missing, we understand how frustrating that can be and appreciate your understanding. When possible, we always try to overnight any part that can get our customers going again. The instructions explain that you should fill the tank with hydraulic fluid, run the wedge back and forth a few times to get the air out of the system and then top off the hydraulic tank with the remainder of the 5 gallons of fluid just as you did. The entire system can hold up to approx 6.5 gallons depending on the unit you have.

Bartz sorry for the inconvenience of having to ship you parts that were missing, we understand how frustrating that can be and appreciate your understanding. When possible, we always try to overnight any part that can get our customers going again. The instructions explain that you should fill the tank with hydraulic fluid, run the wedge back and forth a few times to get the air out of the system and then top off the hydraulic tank with the remainder of the 5 gallons of fluid just as you did. The entire system can hold up to approx 6.5 gallons depending on the unit you have.

No prob on the missing parts, just thought it would be weird that the castle nuts would be missing. The oil spill was my fault I just wasn't paying attention. My father who is the one that bought it is very pleased as am I. I posted a youtube vid in your thread that shows the splitter splitting its first log.

Latest posts

Back