Did you guys go to school for this??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking on this site for a while, figured this was a good time to register and jump into a thread because I'd wondered if there were any other Stockies on the board. Stockbridge for Landscape Operations - '88 and then UMass LS&R Urban Forestry - '92.

Tuesday night 25 cent wings and 22 oz. balck and tans at Charlies...those were the days!

Ben

Trying to learn

I'm currently a professional firefighter that has some time to educate myself whenever we don't have any calls. (we currently run about 2000 calls a year, so we are little slow.) I would like to read up some more on arboriculture, what other web sites are there for parttimer's like me to get better educated?
Thanks,
Onelick

I would like to read up some more on arboriculture, what other web sites are there for parttimer's like me to get better educated?

Onelick,

You could try Davey.com and then follow their education links.

They have separate courses for employees and non-employees and since I went through the employee course, I can't vouch for the non-employee course, but it might be a start.

My employment experience with Davey was a major disappointment, but their head office has good game at the Davey Institute, alot of the course material I saw was parallel to ISA material, same text and photos in some cases.

I liked the way test and quiz results came straight back, letting the user know where they were strong or weak. It was mostly review for me, but it was very user friendly.

Hope the non-employee course is a good start!

RedlineIt

jmack said:
ayuh didya bounce at charlies?

Nope, I was too young! Drank there a few times though;)

Are you thinking of a big dude with the nickname of Brutus? Not me but I know how to get in touch with him.

Last edited:
Jim1NZ said:
Hey good quote WLL, you should have that as part of your personal message in each post
not sure how that works:bang:

Onelick said:
I'm currently a professional firefighter that has some time to educate myself whenever we don't have any calls. (we currently run about 2000 calls a year, so we are little slow.) I would like to read up some more on arboriculture, what other web sites are there for parttimer's like me to get better educated?
Thanks,
Onelick
http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/woody/

OTG BOSTON said:
Nope, I was too young! Drank there a few times though;)

Are you thinking of a big dude with the nickname of Brutus? Not me but I know how to get in touch with him.
yep i ran into him in town a few years back, thats the lad ,is he still with da city? j

Back