Didier make over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's set up to run off my 12v winch.

I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store when it comes home!

I just have to say: There are the nicest folks on this list! I can't put in words how appreciative I am to Triptester for taking on a project like this.

Here's a public "Thank you!" to Triptester from hubby and I! ::clap::clap::clap:

Shari

Posting the photos here:

didier_before.jpg

Above, 'before'.

didier_after.jpg

Above, 'during'.

didier_complete.jpg

Above, 'after'.

Last edited:
First of all...I really like you mods! I have been thinking along the same lines. I wouldnt even think of splitting anything on mine that requires a lift though. I must have something acting up. Mine has to be used on fairly straight and clear wood. Wont power on through. What could be causing the weakness? Motor seems strong and everything else seems in order. Is the pump multi-stage? could a secondary stage be not kicking in. Mine is a Sears Craftsman and the only difference is the position of the motor when I compare pictures. Mine also has no rigid hydraulic lines.

Im sorry I missed this thread when it was first posted. Tripster that is a nice job you did,fine craftsmanship. Also good for you for helping Shari. Cant wait to see some action photos.:msp_smile:

Action shots? What, of me freezing? :) It was colder than tweet yesterday and I was bundled up including insulated bibs, Carhart jacket & Elmer Fudd hat - but I did run 3 or 4 large 24" (+/-) rounds of Norway Maple through it just because I couldn't help but play with it a bit.

We are thinking the only slight mod will be to add a solid plate to the longer leg/part of the lift as the large rounds want to hang up between the pipes when handling it for splitting. Other than that it is wonderful!! It is stable; it's the right height for me; the receiving table is just the right height/size to either drop splits into either of our trailers or load into our large wagon.

I promise - I'll get some action pictures, hopefully tomorrow.

Shari

First of all...I really like you mods! I have been thinking along the same lines. I wouldnt even think of splitting anything on mine that requires a lift though. I must have something acting up. Mine has to be used on fairly straight and clear wood. Wont power on through. What could be causing the weakness? Motor seems strong and everything else seems in order. Is the pump multi-stage? could a secondary stage be not kicking in. Mine is a Sears Craftsman and the only difference is the position of the motor when I compare pictures. Mine also has no rigid hydraulic lines.

If the engine is not stalling it could be that the relief in the control valve is set to low, not building enough pressure . A pic of the pump would help to identify what type of pump you have. A pic of the back half of the control valve will help show the pressure adjustment.

Worn piston seals on the hydraulic ram or slipping lovejoy coupling are the usual problems .

Last edited:
Action shots? What, of me freezing? :) It was colder than tweet yesterday and I was bundled up including insulated bibs, Carhart jacket & Elmer Fudd hat - but I did run 3 or 4 large 24" (+/-) rounds of Norway Maple through it just because I couldn't help but play with it a bit.

We are thinking the only slight mod will be to add a solid plate to the longer leg/part of the lift as the large rounds want to hang up between the pipes when handling it for splitting. Other than that it is wonderful!! It is stable; it's the right height for me; the receiving table is just the right height/size to either drop splits into either of our trailers or load into our large wagon.

I promise - I'll get some action pictures, hopefully tomorrow.

Shari

I didnt mean you have to go out right now and freeze. Although I like women that wear Insulated bibs and Elmer Fudd hats.:clap:

Wow!!

WOW!! :clap:Nice work by Trip. I bet Shari loves it. Sure gave me plenty of ideas for me. Lifting heavy black walnut and apple wood logs by bending over is back breaking work.

I sure have the welders and steel to make a setup like that.

I hope its ok to copy your basic design and try that setup on my didier???

Tom

Ps how do you folks get it to show the actual pics versus the click on ref to the Jpeg image??

The log lift is self supporting and independent from the splitter except for 2 clips that keep the lift from accidently moving away from the splitter while in use.
The lift is operated by a 12 volt winch. I used the winch that Shari had for loading her trailer and made a new mounting plate so the winch can be quickly transfered between trailer and log lift.

The log lift is self supporting and independent from the splitter except for 2 clips that keep the lift from accidently moving away from the splitter while in use.
The lift is operated by a 12 volt winch. I used the winch that Shari had for loading her trailer and made a new mounting plate so the winch can be quickly transfered between trailer and log lift.

Ok gotcha now! Very nice fab work! :cheers:

Cudos to Triptester on the the build. Nice fab work, man.

Shari - how do you like the new work height? Easy on the back, ain't it? And Cudos to you, Shari on helping so many with your Didier thread. Stuff like this makes the forum great.

(I swear I have seen a log lift like that before, but I just can't put my finger on it.:msp_smile:)

Cudos to Triptester on the the build. Nice fab work, man.

Shari - how do you like the new work height? Easy on the back, ain't it? And Cudos to you, Shari on helping so many with your Didier thread. Stuff like this makes the forum great.

(I swear I have seen a log lift like that before, but I just can't put my finger on it.:msp_smile:)

Jags ,
The electric winch idea I borrowed from you.

The lift design is simular to the ones my other splitters.
scan0008-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back