Dilemma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had "money to spend", which would it be?

• MS 661

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • AR-15

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Section VIII, post: 5250014, member: 70350"I would think about a Husky if I had a GOOD dealer nearby. The closest one to me is 45 minutes away and I wasn't all that happy with the work they did on my 450P and blower (they deal Husky, Stihl, and Echo).[/QUOTE]
I would stick with Stihl then. A good dealer means alot.

True but I'm also taking into account that I would need to buy a safe for the AR (and any future rifles). I know I don't need to have a safe but it helps prevent people from easy access.

How are you going to defend your home when you have your weapon locked in a safe?

For close range 'defense' your best weapon is a shotgun...

aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic-0.jpg

How are you going to defend your home when you have your weapon locked in a safe?

For close range 'defense' your best weapon is a shotgun...

aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic-0.jpg

That's why I have my Glock. Target shooting with a shotgun is not all that fun...unless it's shooting clays.

Ahhh, hell. May need to start another thread now. Thanks. :angry:

I agree with a shotgun for home defense. I have a 870 with buckshot next to my bed. They are cheap and shoot good. If you don't have one I'd just budget about $300 out and get one. No worries about a fancy shotgun for home defense any will work.

I agree with a shotgun for home defense. I have a 870 with buckshot next to my bed. They are cheap and shoot good. If you don't have one I'd just budget about $300 out and get one. No worries about a fancy shotgun for home defense any will work.

I'm too worried about my youngest doing something we'd both regret. I don't know how many times I've told her not to do something and she ends up doing it the next day....

I broke the tie.. I think there's a greater chance of a 661 being useful, as well as making money (or saving it) than an AR.

That said, I do have a cheap SKS ready to go at all times.

I used to own a 660 and quite honestly my ported 460 cut better.

With a LONF bar the 660 showed it's advantage, but not by a ton. The 660 was too. heavy for normal use.

Unless you are in big wood constantly the 460 will handle most nornal bar lengths.

I have an AR15. Bought brand new from S&W for about $275. I know people.. haha.

I have a couple really nice ARs, and my 10.5" PWS still has the distance advantage on my 661r with a 36" bar. But, my 661 will actually add a + sign to my bank account. Dang glad I'm not in your shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be target shooting 99% of the time I think so that's why I'm thinking of 5.56. That and the difference in price of ammo.

I'd go with a AR15 over a AR10 if you plan on any amount of training. If not for the savings in ammo prices just the weight savings alone.

I have seen guys come through classes with all the mall ninja stuff on their AR's. After a hour or two they start to fatigue rapidly because all that crap adds weight.

I am a fan of your basic carbine, collapsable stock, sling and optic of your choice.

Unless you are planning on doing more hunting and prone shooting, then that weight savings isn't as big of a deal. On one of my rifles I have a PRS stock, that thing is a beast. If needed I could use that dang rifle as a club....

I would think about a Husky if I had a GOOD dealer nearby. The closest one to me is 45 minutes away and I wasn't all that happy with the work they did on my 450P and blower (they deal Husky, Stihl, and Echo).

Order a Husky from Terry or Spike.

I would never send my saws to a dealer to have work done on them.

(Plus, you shouldn't need dealer support with a Husky)

Well lets get back on topic. Do you have any ARs in mind?

Daniel Defense or Rock River Arms. I'm still doing research but I want one that will at least hit .5 MOA at 100 yards (300 yards would be ideal). Heard a lot of pluses and minuses on S&W as well as Ruger.

Daniel Defense or Rock River Arms. I'm still doing research but I want one that will at least hit .5 MOA at 100 yards (300 yards would be ideal). Heard a lot of pluses and minuses on S&W as well as Ruger.

A lot of that's going to be in the barrel and ammo. I have a White Oak barrel and I have data out to 900 yards. At that point I'm content just making hits.

That rifle is sub-MOA out to 500.

It's all in the barrel and finding the right load for it. You can have the best barrel and still only pattern with cheap ammo.

Most of the Companies selling AR's are only assembly houses.

I'd look hard at one of Bravo Companies rifkes.

My carbine that I train with is a Windham Weaponry rifle. After Bushmaster sold out most of the guys that were there started up Windham.

Cre10 is the guy to talk to about AR's. He is a mod at a real good site too.

Latest posts

Back