Dirty Hand Tools 22 Ton on sale at Lowes this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these babies, love to support an employee-owned company.

Does anyone have a current 10% code for Lowes? Thanks in advance!

I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these babies, love to support an employee-owned company.

Does anyone have a current 10% code for Lowes? Thanks in advance!
I looked high & low. Couldn't find anything.

I figured it this way. $200 cheaper than anywhere (maybe $150..cant remember), full of hydro fluid, no catcher. Still a good buy. I took one in a crate because I don't trust the jokers putting their stuff together.

Seems like a nice machine. Time will tell.

You would HAVE to be from Wisconsin to believe that one!! lol

SR
NY...close enough!

I've had them all. Kohler, B&S, Tecumseh, and Wisconsin....even a Clinton. The Kohler K series is (was) far and above the best of the batch. Bullet-proof!
But what does a NY'er know?

I looked high & low. Couldn't find anything.

I figured it this way. $200 cheaper than anywhere (maybe $150..cant remember), full of hydro fluid, no catcher. Still a good buy. I took one in a crate because I don't trust the jokers putting their stuff together.

Seems like a nice machine. Time will tell.

If you go in through groupon, supposedly 10% off. Didn't take it all the way, but that came up quick with a search.

NY...close enough!

I've had them all. Kohler, B&S, Tecumseh, and Wisconsin....even a Clinton. The Kohler K series is (was) far and above the best of the batch. Bullet-proof!
But what does a NY'er know?
I've had them all too, in fact I think I STILL have them all! lol

I'd rather have a Kubota, Vanguard, Subaru or a Honda over ANY Kohler... Of course, the new B&S and Kohlers are made in china, so there ya go...

SR

I went to the post office and they have coupon packs for people that move or change address, but they are just sitting out for the taking. Had the 10% off lowes coupon. Just had to enter it on the computer and they emailed me the printable coupon. Check it out, saved me $100.

Got two packets from the post office today. Submitted the code they provide, just waiting for an email back with an actual code to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know what grade the hydro fluid that comes pre-filled from Lowes? 22 ton.

How about the detent adjustment? What does it adjust? Please don't tell me the detent! I want to know what i'll accomplish by adjusting it...BEFORE I screw with it.

Anybody know what grade the hydro fluid that comes pre-filled from Lowes? 22 ton.

How about the detent adjustment? What does it adjust? Please don't tell me the detent! I want to know what i'll accomplish by adjusting it...BEFORE I screw with it.

The fluid is AW46. The detent should normally not need adjusted. It only needs adjustment if your valve handle is not staying in the reverse position, after you move it there, until the wedge fully retracts. Or if it is not popping back to the neutral position after the wedge fully retracts after the valve handle was moved to the reverse position.

The fluid is AW46. The detent should normally not need adjusted. It only needs adjustment if your valve handle is not staying in the reverse position, after you move it there, until the wedge fully retracts. Or if it is not popping back to the neutral position after the wedge fully retracts after the valve handle was moved to the reverse position.
Thanks for the reply. Valve is fine, I'll leave it alone.

I will be buying the table in the near future. Wish it came with the lowes package, but maybe thats why they can sell it so cheap with the hope you will pay the $79 for the table there. Another little tip, they are $69 on the DHT website and i believe that includes shipping.

But what does a NY'er know?[/QUOTE]
I ran old K series in john deere 110's 8 hp and an Allis 16 hp. I still have the jd 110's and they start up everytime and run like a top. They are slow, but very torqy and reliable.

Pin oak is a mixed bag, Just when you think it's easy to split, you run into some embedded branches that can sometimes stop a 22-ton splitter dead in its tracks. Glad to see you like the DHT. You have to wonder where they came up with that brand name.

Pin oak is a mixed bag, Just when you think it's easy to split, you run into some embedded branches that can sometimes stop a 22-ton splitter dead in its tracks. Glad to see you like the DHT. You have to wonder where they came up with that brand name.
When pin oak does that it is time to watch out as it is the most explosive wood I have worked with when it does pop.

Back