disapointed 3120 owner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're to be making smaller cuts with that saw, the previous posts recommending larger sprockets is the best way to go. They have a limiter in the modules on those saws to keep them from over revving. The high speed mixture is fixed on that model, but there are different sized jets available.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
My 3120 is seven years old came with 36" bar 404--63. Chain 104 DL. I think the chain is standerd (46RS) Runs great good speed when cuting oak. Run full skip chain on 60" bar saw does fine with this bar. Husky has a lager office in Charlotte NC. They have been great about helping me on information. Just sharing my experience with owning and working with the 3120

I was diasappointed with my 084 till I replaced the .404 with 3/8 chain. World of difference. The big chain is better suited to my 075 or 050 or saws of that nature. As far as I'm concerned, 3/8 is the way to go.

Chris B.

Any of those "big guns",are best suited for big wood and long bars.That is where all those ponys come through.Full skip is the way to go .

I have used a 3120 alot , and alot of different ones. I use 3/8 chain on them and if the bar is 24 inches long I use a bigger gear, 9 or 10 tooth , it depended on what I was using the saw for. If you use the horsepower it doesnot matter if it log is big or small, the 3120 or 088 will cut it faster than a smaller saw

With all of my Husky saws, it takes about 2 weeks of runnin em hard before they get broke in and really start producing power. To me, the difference in a brand new saw and a broken in saw is HUGE! It feels like the power doubles to me when they "loosen up". Also, I didnt think the 3120 was supposed to be a "fast" saw per se. More of a torque monster right?>

Latest posts

Back