Discontinued Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitkas

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Did Husqvarna discontinue the 1XX line. I was on their web site, and I noticed they are gone. If so, good. They were ruining their name.

Didn't they rename the 141 as the 142 and the 136 as the 137, to denote some more EPA changes?
I have to agree on the relabeled Poulan built saws. The only good 1XX series saws were the old pro models labeled that way.

Husky 141 working strong

Taking another chance to lower my standing here with the experts, but...I like and use small saws. They are what I use 95% of the time. My Jonsered 625 or Echo 670 comes out only when I need to fall or buck big wood...not very often. When I bought a brand new Husky 141 this summer for $220 and got the warrantee, nice box to store my Echo CS670, extra chain, six pack of saw oil, bar oil, three screnches, Husky hat and lots of thank you's from the dealer I am happy. BTW the Orange Poulan runs like a champ. It may not last as long as some other saws but for the money spent it is a good value for me and makes life easier.

Homeowners read this site too and appreciate the input from the pro's. Please remember that everyone has different needs! I really like dealer support.

If you have a better suggestion for the the saw purchased I am wide open to hear it. Just a bit tired of reading all the negative stuff about a saw that really works for me. BTW I have two small Stihls...170 and 180C. The 141 is MUCH faster in wood over 4 inches. I actually prefer the 170 to the 180 for trimming the small branches...lighter and cuts as fast as far as I can tell.

16gauge said:
Taking another chance to lower my standing here with the experts, but...I like and use small saws. They are what I use 95% of the time. My Jonsered 625 or Echo 670 comes out only when I need to fall or buck big wood...not very often. When I bought a brand new Husky 141 this summer for $220 and got the warrantee, nice box to store my Echo CS670, extra chain, six pack of saw oil, bar oil, three screnches, Husky hat and lots of thank you's from the dealer I am happy. BTW the Orange Poulan runs like a champ. It may not last as long as some other saws but for the money spent it is a good value for me and makes life easier.

Homeowners read this site too and appreciate the input from the pro's. Please remember that everyone has different needs! I really like dealer support.

Glad that you were able to define your needs correctly. My feeling is that the pro's around here often advise for saws way too big/powerfull for the purpose it is meant. On the other hand, quite understandable of course, if you work all day long with a chainsaw.

I have only 2 chainsaws and the usage while cutting trees up for firewood is MS200/85% and MS 361/15%.
I love to work with that small saw because of its light weight : you can cut all day long without getting tired. After two herniated disc surgeries :Eye: , this comes very handy for me, not mentioning even the lesser safety risk of course.

I just can't believe any non pro-user working with little monsters like a 066 or 088 f.i.

pitkas said:
Did Husqvarna discontinue the 1XX line. I was on their web site, and I noticed they are gone. If so, good. They were ruining their name.
I found this on their site, so I don't think they are gone, even though they are missing from the chainsaw overwiew at the moment:
NEWS & PRESS
July 5, 2005
HUSQVARNA INTRODUCES NEW E-SERIES CHAIN SAWS
Combining traditional strengths with new technology, Husqvarna introduces two new lightweight chain saws for the homeowner market with many of the same design features as their professional saws. The new 137 and 142 chain saws feature a spring-assisted starter, larger muffler outlet, new carburetor design, new ignition module and flywheel, along with Husqvarna’s exclusive LowVib® and Air Injection™ technologies.

The new e-Series starter features an extra spring loaded with tension as the first part of the starter cord is pulled. When the rest of the cord is pulled out the tension is released, reducing pulling force and creating a smooth starting experience. The extra spring adds minimal weight to the chain saws and is easy to service.

Constructed for durability, the saw is made using a precision-forged, three-piece crankshaft, reinforced crankcase and larger heavy-duty muffler increasing power. Engine cooling is increased by 15 percent for longer life and easier restarts. A new ignition module and flywheel improve starting, idling and acceleration, while the new carburetor (ZAMA W-29) aids starting and warm-up with a half choke detent.

For ease of operation and better control, the saw is equipped with Husqvarna’s LowVib® anti-vibration system that separates the handles of the saw from the engine with spiral springs of steel, resulting in low vibration levels. The inertia chain brake is designed to be activated manually or by inertia to stop the chain quickly if a kickback of sufficient force occurs

Latest posts

Back