Discretion being the better part of valor...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stepped outside, took one look at the trees being whipped around by the winds...

Decided it's not a good day to put my truck (or my head) in the woods today!

Most of the time it's not bad, but there's some good gusts out there.

My anemometer clocked a 52mph gust last night. Stuff was flying everywhere. I got up around 3:00 and the clouds were backlit by the moon and quite surreal they were moving so fast. I decided that hunting was a better idea than sitting still so away I went. Last day of gun season tomorrow and still no deer in my freezer.

to windy to cut so I got some wood moved from the splitter to the stack for drying. Some from the other stack to the house. And some from the stack in the house to the insert. Once I got in the house and fire fire going I've been in a battle with a cold 6pack and the TV remote...funny how they try and gang up on me all the time.

Neighbor across the street had their rotten Elm fall on the power lines. Butt end hung up in the wires with the top on the ground. Took out power to half my neighborhood. As much as i hate to...... i gotta give the power co. credit. They were here in less time than it took me to speak to a live person at their emergency call service center (on hold for over an hour).

Back