dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May pick up one of these newfangled chainsaws and see if Randy will port it for me. He sure woke up my 346! :hmm3grin2orange:

well thanks a lot you bunch of vultures,,, if I was able to come to everyones house and kick your midget azzes I would,,,,, I just checked and the seller I always used don't have any listed,,,:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Here is and order pic just for o8

View attachment 308515

HUSKYQUAKE is still alive and kicking

The one Earthquake that I sold that got ran over and giving back to me is also back up and running :msp_tongue:

Got to use the EARTHQUAKE for a few hours today on a neighbors tree sure I could of used one of my other saws but it was time to pull it out of the barn

Had a chance to use the Earthquake 3816 to fell a couple red oaks today.:msp_biggrin:

Mine has a MM and a non-safety chain on it.

Pulls strong.

First cool day in Minnesota in weeks so we took advantage of it.:msp_thumbup:

View attachment 312885View attachment 312886View attachment 312887

The Quake felled the trees and bucked up most of it. Went through 3 tanks and ran it like I stole it......

I am impressed with the light agile feel of this saw along with the smooth running viper motor.

Plenty of wood to split.

View attachment 312888View attachment 312889

Had a chance to use the Earthquake 3816 to fell a couple red oaks today.:msp_biggrin:

Mine has a MM and a non-safety chain on it.

Pulls strong.

First cool day in Minnesota in weeks so we took advantage of it.:msp_thumbup:

View attachment 312885View attachment 312886View attachment 312887

The Quake felled the trees and bucked up most of it. Went through 3 tanks and ran it like I stole it......

I am impressed with the light agile feel of this saw along with the smooth running viper motor.

Plenty of wood to split.

View attachment 312888View attachment 312889

Jobs not done till you flush that stump.

Both my 38 and 41cc models have been run hard, so far only issue has been the kill switch on the 38 stopped working and I have been using the choke to shut it down till I get around to fixing it.

I like loaning out my Earthquake to see if someone can burn it up and it hasn't happen yet :cool2:

Spent most of the morning with the HUSKYQUAKE cutting up a couple Hemlocks

Which Earthquake?

I figured I would get a chainsaw to cut campfire wood for the cabin. Most of my tools are quality, bought when times were good. I recently bought a Chonda Predator engine for my pressure washer, and that thing purrs like a kitten and I'm impressed.

So, I found this site and was researching Stihl etc, and I find the Earthquake thread. I want one:msp_wink: I still think they look like a decent value off of ebay in the $100 range. I was thinking new since I am not a 2cycle mechanic, yet. Is there a preferred cc size or seller on ebay?

I am new to chainsaws and it will be mainly for yard cleanup, firewood etc. I am mechanically inclined and want to at least do a MM.

Thanks guys!

Greg in Georgia

Welcome to A.S.!

If you think that you can work on chainsaws, maybe look for a used, working WildThing or Craftsman on Craig'sList. $30 - $70?

Often go on sale for $100 new. You will get a case and a warranty, and more availability for parts.

Off eBay, you don't know what you are getting. Note that at the start of this thread, experienced chainsaw guys were buying the Earthquakes for $30 shipped - different story.

JMHO

Philbert

Welcome to A.S.!

If you think that you can work on chainsaws, maybe look for a used, working WildThing or Craftsman on Craig'sList. $30 - $70?

Often go on sale for $100 new. You will get a case and a warranty, and more availability for parts.

Off eBay, you don't know what you are getting. Note that at the start of this thread, experienced chainsaw guys were buying the Earthquakes for $30 shipped - different story.

JMHO

Philbert[/QUOTOE]

Old pic

View attachment 315747

Theses saws are not worth $100

Ok. Based on the knowledge I found on this site, I think I will get a Poulan Pro 5020AV from Amazon, with case $197. I will wait a day, so let me know if there is something else in that price range that I should get.

Thanks again for your help!

Welcome to A.S.!

JMHO

Philbert[/QUOTOE]

Old pic

View attachment 315747

Theses saws are not worth $100

I like that orange pos in the middle

Back