Do I lose my mancard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That don't look like a woodstove! Man card is in danger.:msp_wink:
My saws live in my unheated garage and start fine when its single digit temps. Just don't rev the sheiza outa them for a minute and they're good.

Here's my old one, It's King wood circulator.

attachment.php

Those are nice looking stoves, how do they radiate compared to our steel boxes???
It done just as good as the new one here.

attachment.php

Where is the chimney pipe on that thing?
It's on my front porch, Just installed the new one. It's in a building now. Needs to be hauled to the dump. It was a good stove, I actually liked it better than the new one we bought. The firebox was burn't out on it.

And you earn your dumbass certificate, suitable for framing. i started my 084 in front of my computer to impress someone once with the roar of 121 cc's at high rev.... bar oil... keyboard...monitor..:bang:

I got mine when I ws replacing a beam in the basement. Fired up the chainsaw to cut a prop out while standing under the smoke alarm. Don't ask why one shouldn't do that!

Harry K

Those are nice looking stoves, how do they radiate compared to our steel boxes???

Ashley(tm) was the leading light in those circulators. They don't really radiate, air comes up from the bottom around the firebox andout the top.

Our reasons for that type were pets and the danger of getting burned by accident.

Stove pipe exits horizontally from teh back at the top - needs a 90 elbow to get the pipe going vertical. That causes a problem when cleaning the chimney as everythingfalls down and lodges in the 90. Have to clean it out by reaching in with my hand. I have debated changing it to a "T" with the down leg capped to be removable - don't really want the "oops, dropped it" getting that dirt on the floor.

Harry K

My family had one of those stoves when I was a kid. That thing heated us for the better part of my school years. I like the pre-heating the saw, I usually throw my jug of semi-frozen bar oil near it while I get ready.

No danger of losing your man card Harry. You might get a point deduction if you don't blow the crud off that saw before long though. Just kidding, mine look like that fairly often. They also live in the basement during the winter, and stay nice and warm as well. More importantly, so does the bar oil. Getting a 2 stroker going in cold weather is no problem, but I worry about the cheesy plastic oil pumps trying to move something the consistency of mud through em. I run a pretty thin oil in the winter, but still, it worries me.

I'm another former member of the Ashley Circulator club. It was a good stove that kept our old farmhouse toasty when I was growing up. It replaced a cookstove that had been replaced by an electric range/oven, must have been bought in the late 70s somewhere? I was born in 71 and remember the cookstove, but not much compared to the many days I warmed up by that Ashley.

If they made an EPA circulator, I'd probably be buying one of those instead of a black box in the next couple of weeks.

Wife gets so pissed at me:blob2:, when its cold here and I plan to do some cutting the next day I will bring my saw, and oil inside but what really sets her over the edge is when I forget to bring in the oil, letting it sit in a sink full of hot water really helps:laugh:

Roy

No danger of losing your man card Harry. You might get a point deduction if you don't blow the crud off that saw before long though. Just kidding, mine look like that fairly often. They also live in the basement during the winter, and stay nice and warm as well. More importantly, so does the bar oil. Getting a 2 stroker going in cold weather is no problem, but I worry about the cheesy plastic oil pumps trying to move something the consistency of mud through em. I run a pretty thin oil in the winter, but still, it worries me.

I'm another former member of the Ashley Circulator club. It was a good stove that kept our old farmhouse toasty when I was growing up. It replaced a cookstove that had been replaced by an electric range/oven, must have been bought in the late 70s somewhere? I was born in 71 and remember the cookstove, but not much compared to the many days I warmed up by that Ashley.

If they made an EPA circulator, I'd probably be buying one of those instead of a black box in the next couple of weeks.

A little off topic, but do you have any pictures of your current set up Steve? and what you want to replace it with, or has that decision not been finalized yet?

A little off topic, but do you have any pictures of your current set up Steve? and what you want to replace it with, or has that decision not been finalized yet?

I probably do somewhere, but look for a complete before and after thread in a couple weeks, probably (90% sure) going with the Drolet HT-2000, unless I find one of those fire sale deals on an NC30 Englander between now and then. The Drolet is in stock locally, otherwise it was pretty much a toss up between the two.

I probably do somewhere, but look for a complete before and after thread in a couple weeks, probably (90% sure) going with the Drolet HT-2000, unless I find one of those fire sale deals on an NC30 Englander between now and then. The Drolet is in stock locally, otherwise it was pretty much a toss up between the two.

Looking forward to it Steve....Man i love your avatar:rock:

Back