Do I need anger managment classes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Local woman with husband in Iraq heats with wood. Been offering her all fall and winter to help her out with firewood. "Thanks but don't need any" is the reply. Then phone rings last night and "I am out of wood" Not near out, but out. Just snowed a foot here and coldest it's been all winter and wind too boot.:angry2: I hate cutting wood in deep snow:angry2: Had lots of nice weather earlier:angry2: Lane back too farm is 1/2 mile and drifted deep:angry2: :angry2:

Husband in service,,,, guess Ill be cutting wood Saturady no matter what.

Nope, fustration management classes, maybe.

There is a saying something like: "Poor planning on your part, etc..." It's too bad about her timing.

You are doing the right thing. :angel: Props from me and I'll even send a little rep your way.

I'd be real tempted to remind her that you've been offering her help all this time and she didn't want any of it. I'd then wish her a good evening and maybe give her a number where she could purchase some wood.

Ian

There was something once written about falling, and pride, and such. :deadhorse: Bad donkey! Agree with the frustration but your heart is obviously in the right place and not much sense belaboring the point to the lady, she probably wouldn't 'get it'. Cutting in the cold and snow is no fun, you deserve another rep man! And a huge (spiked?) cocoa :)
Kudos!

:cheers:

Serge (bindardundat)

Butch

If you know anyone from your local American Legion maybe they could line up some help for you. Things go faster when you have some help. If you were close to Green Springs Ohio I am sure that I could get some help from my Sons of Legion. Just remember that sometimes its hard for some people to ask for or except someones help. At least on Sat. its going to be in mid twenties.

id get it for her--but as one said about the american legion help---and as haywire said--id remind her--shes full of pride--but when she needs it--her pride falls????

Her mind is on the news, husband, and other matters.

Look at it this way, when her husband comes home, he will thank you for keeping his wife warm while he was away.:angel:

Thank you for helping out a fellow service man. A call a week ago would have been better though.

You're doing a good deed.

I can understand where you're coming from; my first and oldest customer, a woman in her late 80's, does the same thing to me just about the last 4 years or so, waits until the weather is less than "desirable" to call for wood, when weeks earlier I'm thinking "now is when I should deliver it"! Some people don't understand the "pre-planning" part of getting wood like we do, so they're basically ignorant to the fact that they're waiting too long. And I step back, look at the big picture, and see that this woman is still burning wood, by herself in her late 80's, which is incredible to me! And like someone else said, this woman is not thinking of the minute details of when to get wood, with her husband in the service and all that that entails. So yes, while it was frustrating for you and me to do this at "not such a good time" when you look at it from afar you ARE doing a good deed and a very nice gesture as a human being; my hat is off to you, my friend. :clap: :greenchainsaw:

Good Man

Hope it goes well. I would think in terms of helping him rather than her poor appreciation of your gracious offer and now efforts. ;)

Do your best to help. A good Scout like you would have a few extra cords to "loan" her. You never know when her husband can help you. I gave away a cord or 2 in fall of 1999, remember Y2K ? when we weren't certain if the power or gas would stay on.

Butch

On another thread some guys are talking about having a GTG in southern Ohio. Don't know where you are in Ohio but maybe you could have a GTG and cut some more wood for the lady in question. As a member of The Sons of American Legion I like to be able to help since her husband is on active duty. Just a thought.

Do your best to help. A good Scout like you would have a few extra cords to "loan" her. You never know when her husband can help you. I gave away a cord or 2 in fall of 1999, remember Y2K ? when we weren't certain if the power or gas would stay on.

Her husband is already helping all of us. He is in the middle of a less than popular war with my brother and 2 of my cousins. You did a darn good deed, God Bless.

Personally?

Well, you get bonus points, but I have found in my life that bonus points do not add up to anything. I have been in the same situation, done good deeds, and often times just been stepped on in the end.

Call me a shyte, but I would not do what you are doing, and I would remind her that you made the offer when the weather was more reasonable. She is irresponsible, and since she turned you down before, it really has little to do with her husband being in Iraq. If she was too proud, too dumb, unaware, too dependant on her husband, or whatever... I dunno. I have found that you do stuff like that for people and they tend to become dependant on you, or they take advantage. Or they blow you off until they are in deep doo-doo. No reward... not like she could help you if you were out of wood. Or even care. Again, I see people that constantly dig themselves into cesspools, and want you to help them out. *shrug*

As for anger management, I know what you are talking about. My girlfriend did pretty much the same thing here this year. Nice weather in October and she was off playing with her friends, even when I warned her that we needed wood badly and that the weather was going to turn. "Well, we are not out yet, are we? The weather is nice... I have other stuff to do..." yadda yadda. I was buried in work that month and could not get out to get wood when she had the big truck. So what are we doing in November? Cutting wood in downpours... 24 inches of rain here last November. Me, mad, madder and really roiling mad. Now she wants to load up 10 cords for next year. At least she learned something. Maybe. So I hope. *shaking head* :deadhorse:

What is it about early warm winters that lull people into thinking that they can get away with being unprepared and procrastinate? There was this guy here in Oregon this year that drove the wrong way and wound up in a deep snowstrom in November and wound up freezing to death. Then they blame the rescue and search teams for not finding that :censored: idiot?!?!?! Politicians... always have to find someone or something to blame, even for a complete moron driving the wrong way on the wrong road that time of year, completely unprepaired, unaware and oblivious to reality. I have been on that road in summer... in a fully rigged 4x4. Agh... (reaching for the vodka) I used to be in the ski patrol and peeled people off of trees. Saved some lives and watched some of them die. In most cases, they were irresponsible, beginners skiing black diamond runs, or skiing recklessly. I see it now with the young boarders... they just really do not give a rat's ass about anything or anyone. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Back