Do stihls have more torque than husqvarna in general?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When comparing the 550 XP to the 261 C-M, it does seem that Stihl went for the Torque and Husky went for the RPM. However, the 362 C-M has peak Hp at 10,000 RPM while the 562 XP has peak Hp at 9,600. Most people who have run both saws say they cut about the same.

It is like the debate between the 044/440 and 372. If you have either saw you have a great saw.

I really like my Stihls, they get the job done for me, and they get it done well. That said, I think if I had the equivalent Husky's I would be just as happy.

If you have a good running saw with a sharp chain that is suited for the task at hand, that is all that matters.

When comparing the 550 XP to the 261 C-M, it does seem that Stihl went for the Torque and Husky went for the RPM. However, the 362 C-M has peak Hp at 10,000 RPM while the 562 XP has peak Hp at 9,600. Most people who have run both saws say they cut about the same.

It is like the debate between the 044/440 and 372. If you have either saw you have a great saw.

I really like my Stihls, they get the job done for me, and they get it done well. That said, I think if I had the equivalent Husky's I would be just as happy.

If you have a good running saw with a sharp chain that is suited for the task at hand, that is all that matters.
Well then what about the longevity of Stihl V Husky ?

I just can't resist. It take compression to make RPM=Power.Lower compression longer stroke slower RPM makes torque plane and simple. My O41 is a prime example.This saw has145lbs of compression is a slower RPM than say my 51 but pulls a 20BC with ease.Like comparing a 390 ford to a 327 Chevrolet.Ken

That's why my last 2 new saw purchases were a Dolmar and a Husqvarna...
Signed:
Someone who actually uses a saw more than 2hrs a week...
And fixes the neighbors' Farm Bosses for them...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, my dealer always wonders what kind of operator messes up the easiest saws.......:D

As always, it depends on where in the powerband you want max torque. A lot of torque at low rpm is useless, as the cutting speed will be really slow anyway, at low rpm.

More torque at high rpm (above max power rpm) doesn't show up in the specs, but it often is what is most important regarding performance.

There is no such thing as more torque above the max power rpm, both hp and torque fall of fast when above the rated RPM and torque will increase some as the RPM drops below the max power RPM, To me the smaller Husky saws lose torque real fast as the rpm drop making them finicky to run also called a narrow power band. Steve

Back