Does any one know what these metal fragments came from

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so I got a needle bearing and a clutch drum on order and I am going to get a oil worm too. So the inside of the clutch drum is grooved both the inside and where the needle bearing are at. I can feel it in both places

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Should I take a picture of it or a video. I think it is but not sure how to check.

As far as the crank pto end goes, if it's not noticeably roughed up or grooved, I'd install the new needle bearing, clutch drum & carrier (worm gear) and run it. Cause if the crank's bad, then it's a complete teardown & rebuild w/ new/used crank assembly, bearings, seals, etc. Also, you've probably already done this, but give the saw a good cleaning, including cylinder fins, flywheel fins, carburetor & air filter, etc. Everywhere you can find dirt, get rid of it. Saw will run cooler.

Thanks alot Philip I was actually just on the phone with my dealer and will be picking everything up after work except the carrier it will be in tomorrow

Makes all the difference now the clutch drum grabs it![emoji1]

194c0738e422ed22f23b7741719e35aa.jpg

Going to throw a new rim and sprocket on there too. Needle bearing as well just hasn't came in yet.

3259a3b0d2cd5f4fc2b06d8911116aff.jpg

Is it a big deal the part number is different? Everything feels perfect now.

38e267d261b408b18fdb88b7ee791499.jpg

Someone definitely used it without a rim. I could only imagine how that went lol.

936ea47f8ec5f68c4aea0148876f1154.jpg

Used 046 for sale. Starts and suns but won't hold speed in wood. Sold as is for parts no refunds. :)
Edit: in jet related to the ops new purchase see picture

Latest posts

Back