Does any two-cycle oil mix with E85?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmith40004

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been thinking of setting a saw up to run E-85 and wanted to know if there was any recommended oil that would mix well. Tried searching and didn't find anything.

James

Why would you want to do that? Most people here would give a left nut to be able to find E0 gas in there area. I found a member on this site that I get my gas from but he is 3 hours away from me.
To run E85 I would think would cause havoc on a carb, fuel lines, ect....

I have thought of trying it on a super cheap garage sale saw. e85 is an oxygenated fuel (adds O2) kind of like inducing a purposeful air leak. You will also need to run at least 30% more through the jets. Starting would probably suffer too. Not even looking at the corrosive aspects (bare aluminum and e85= no no) It is 105 octane, It could just work, I would try it out the first time on a saw that I disliked. I was going to try e85 and a port job on a craigslist 120 aquired a few weeks back. But that saw cleaned up, and runs so nice, it is one of my favorites.

any recommended oil that would mix well. Tried searching and didn't find anything.

James

I think oil will mix just fine with the ethanol fuel. The problem is, so will water, such as moisture from the air. NO (common 2-stroke) oil will mix with the water/alcohol mixture, leading to no oil to the engine as it runs through.

Latest posts

Back