Does Anyone Take Their Dog in the Bush?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but here's what often happens....

Here's a picture of Jack on his first trip into the bush. Jack's not afraid of anything.

My golden retriever is not afraid of anything except when stuff goes bang!, including thunder. She's useless for hunting if there are guns around. Otherwise, she'll go after anything that moves, especially if it's something that lives in a burrow..
attachment.php

attachment.php

My golden retriever is not afraid of anything except when stuff goes bang!, including thunder. She's useless for hunting if there are guns around. Otherwise, she'll go after anything that moves, especially if it's something that lives in a burrow..QUOTE]

My last golden, I've had 2, was the best varmint dog ever. My yard was free of moles, she kept the bears out of the neighborhood, and got a ground squirrel population taken down a few notches.

She was a Houdini, and I didn't take her to work because she'd take off after a rabbit, or squirrel, or whatever. She did go on walks with me where I let her run, and she chased a couple of bears away from me.

The Used Dog barked over the side of a hill where I think a bear may have been. We'd seen fresh bear poop, and the bears had been girdling trees in the area. I don't know how he will or would react if we come across a bear.
He's pretty good at abandoning a chase if I call him off. He's not too enthusiastic about chasing other critters. He fears the Used Cat--Grapple. :)

I have a 90lb boxer don't take him cutting anymore he caries my saws around and grabs the logs so it got to dangerous but we go out and play

I never take the dog(s) in with me. There are wolves up here, and dog is one of their favorite foods.

I take Rusty with me all the time. I don't think I would consider the area I go into the "BUSH" though. He just loves to roll in anything that is dead and stinks.
attachment.php

You can tell in this picture that he has some black stinky gunk on him and this is after I tried to wipe him off.

I take Rusty with me all the time. I don't think I would consider the area I go into the "BUSH" though. He just loves to roll in anything that is dead and stinks.
attachment.php

You can tell in this picture that he has some black stinky gunk on him and this is after I tried to wipe him off.

if you want ? you can use 1/2 gallon or so of water 3 drops of dawn 2 tab.spoons baking soda and 1 tab.spoon of hydrogen peroxide give the dog a bath with it it will get the smell out it even works on skunk smell TRUST ME

neighbors & other dogs

I was whacking up some fallen limbs last year & noticed my next door
neighbors aging Boxer wench was in way. Most of the doggies I have
had will run from the sound of a chainsaw, but not this old dog,
She has also been known to chase farm disks & other dangerous equipment
in her younger days.
I used to have beagles for cottontail harvest in the fall, they would probably
run from the sound of a chain saw, but thought the report of a 12 gauge
meant lunch.
If you value your pooch, keep them tied or penned when falling.
There has been a few smashed dogs in these parts too. Road traffic gets
more.

I was whacking up some fallen limbs last year & noticed my next door
neighbors aging Boxer wench was in way. Most of the doggies I have
had will run from the sound of a chainsaw, but not this old dog,
She has also been known to chase farm disks & other dangerous equipment
in her younger days.
I used to have beagles for cottontail harvest in the fall, they would probably
run from the sound of a chain saw, but thought the report of a 12 gauge
meant lunch.
If you value your pooch, keep them tied or penned when falling.
There has been a few smashed dogs in these parts too. Road traffic gets
more.

you got that rite.I learned real fast before it was to late

Donthraen, right after that picture was taken we headed for the "DOGGY" car wash. He doesn't care for it to much but it does the job. The wife gets a LITTLE upset if I drag him through the house and into the shower when he does this trick. LOL

Our German Sheperds go with us...Both are Rescue dogs, "Kona", the female on the right, went to dog jail twice before we got her. "Gunter", the male, believes his entire purpose in life is to rid the world of lizards...he will spend all day chasing them and tring to dig them out of rock and wood piles.

attachment.php

Surprisingly, my 12lb terrier, who is scared of just about everything, will happily come and try to lay down beside me as I work with a saw.

My 70lb Lab who makes a game out of chasing bears goes and hides in her doghouse.

lol.

Donthraen, right after that picture was taken we headed for the "DOGGY" car wash. He doesn't care for it to much but it does the job. The wife gets a LITTLE upset if I drag him through the house and into the shower when he does this trick. LOL

just a thought its a good thing to no tho.I don't hafta worry about those wife things I don't have one but I have a 15 year old daughter. THATS A TUF JOB LOL.

just want every body to no.I have a disorder kinda like dyslexia that prevents me from being able to spell correctly.I am sorry it is hard for you to read but I cant do anything about it and do appreciate your understanding

I take my Boxer dog with me where ever I can. It freaks the other parents out when he walks straight towards their kids. They are concerned until he lays at the childs feet, rolls over on his back, and wo-woos until the child rubs his belly.

He loves kids more than anything in this world. BOXERS RULE!

I take my Boxer dog with me where ever I can. It freaks the other parents out when he walks straight towards their kids. They are concerned until he lays at the childs feet, rolls over on his back, and wo-woos until the child rubs his belly.

He loves kids more than anything in this world. BOXERS RULE!

you are sooo rite best dogs and their is nothing they cant do except hurt a child on purpose. they just cant do it

Latest posts

Back