Does Stihl=Ford and Husky=Chevy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnsn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am not trying to start a problem [i.e. which is better (that is already clear)] but I have begun to notice around me that people who use Stihl saws also usually drive Ford trucks, and that Husky people drive Chevy. I am just wondering is this an anomaly from my small sample or is there something going on here?

For the record I drive an 82 Chevy and run Huskys and Jonsereds

hmm.

Hmmmm????

I am not trying to start a problem [i.e. which is better (that is already clear)] but I have begun to notice around me that people who use Stihl saws also usually drive Ford trucks, and that Husky people drive Chevy. I am just wondering is this an anomaly from my small sample or is there something going on here?

For the record I drive an 82 Chevy and run Huskys and Jonsereds

hmm.

Got a chevy,, Stihls, & Huskies, and one lonley homie ?????

Whats the Dodge people gonna do?? I guess I'm all jacked up!!!!!!!!:blob2: :blob2:

I have both and drive a Dodge Cummins, I wouldnt cures any saw calling it a Ford or Chevy! Dodge makes it, Cummins shakes it:D

Maybe so, I would compare a Husky more to the GM family. Because of all the different divisions they have. Also more parts can be interchanged then the other manufactures saws can, Not to mention color choice.

Stihl is more like Henry Ford they sell more "classic saws" ie 260.
One color scheme like the model T
Try to keep parts in house only
don't like to release any info.

As far as owners I drive Fords and like Jonsereds.

How about Husky, Stihl, Homelite, and Volkswagen? I will admit using the wife's Ford Windstar on occasion, but the VW is out more often.

Mark

Ford and Dolmar here. But I used to have a Stihl. I would have a Husky or a Stihl, but most likely if I get a bigger saw it would be a Makita 6401, then that would turn into a 7900!

I have always driven Ford trucks and I like Huskies and Johneyreds. My brother in law is a Stihl/Chevy guy. Blew that theory all to he!!.

I've also seen some parallels between domestic truck manufacturers and saws. I see it like the following.
1) Stihl = Ford (Best selling x for the last 30 years)
2) Husky = Chevy
3) Jonsered = GMC (Same internally as Husky, but look a bit different)
4) Dolmar = Dodge (Always seem to go in their own direction)

Latest posts

Back