Does Stihl have a spy on AS????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obama....:)

Actually.... EPA has a lot more to do with it than this man

Restrictions were being placed on these saws and everything else long before anyone knew who Obama was.

Yeah, restrictions suck. But lets just give the blame to who deserves it... wether or not you like the guy at least hit him with fair charges.

Last edited:
Does Steel have spys on AS? of course they do. this is were they learn how to build
better saws.

Reminds me of Men in Black were they grab the tabloids off the rack for the latest alien reports. :D

But as for this post, DEAD ON

Yesterday I spoke with a steel, stil, still, steal, stihhl used parts dealer.

In the last few days him and some other ebay sellers have been under attack
from the stihl people over selling stuff that has their name in the description.

trademark infringements.

The only thing I can figure is that stihl does not want its older saws fixed up and
made to run anymore. that cuts into the sale of their new choked up epa saws.

This also aligns with the changes they are forcing on older dealers.

If they dont comply with the store front terms they are penalized and literaly forced out of buisness.

stihl is going to the dogs. all about profits and selling new throw away saws.

lets bury the Mom and Pop stores.

from the stihl people over selling stuff that has their name in the description.

trademark infringements......

Actually, it was people (actually, really just one person) that was selling cheap knock off chineese made "stihl" parts. If he said "Fits stihl so on and so on.." instead of "Genuine Stihl products" he may have not had a problem.

How do I know this? I bought one of his knockoff MS460 DP muffler covers that was very much a knock off. Paint was peeling after 20 mins of use

If a person was to buy a chain at a dealer, bring it home and never use it... then sell it on ebay... would this be copyright infringement? NO!!!!

Last edited:
It's no secret that people from Stihl are and have been on AS.
Stihl has to pay to defend itself against dozens if not hundreds of product liability lawsuits every year. They have 70% of the cutoff saw market and most of the lawsuits come from TS cutoff machines, and Chainsaws. Stihl is just covering they're own butt against the EPA, OSHA, and Sue Happy Lawyers.
Stihl produces machines that can be dangerous, and even fatal if operated incorrectly.

I agree it is a lame thing to email, but it's just one more thing that they can use to protect themselves in court.

It's no secret that people from Stihl are and have been on AS.
Stihl has to pay to defend itself against dozens if not hundreds of product liability lawsuits every year. They have 70% of the cutoff saw market and most of the lawsuits come from TS cutoff machines, and Chainsaws. Stihl is just covering they're own butt against the EPA, OSHA, and Sue Happy Lawyers.
Stihl produces machines that can be dangerous, and even fatal if operated incorrectly.

I agree it is a lame thing to email, but it's just one more thing that they can use to protect themselves in court.

I like your attitude. You understand and explain what corporate is doing, but you don't condone it. I guess you haven't drank enough coolaide yet:clap:

I like your attitude. You understand and explain what corporate is doing, but you don't condone it. I guess you haven't drank enough coolaide yet:clap:

KOOL-AID!!!
obama_koolaid.jpg

trademark infringements......

Actually, it was people (actually, really just one person) that was selling cheap knock off chineese made "stihl" parts. If he said "Fits stihl so on and so on.." instead of "Genuine Stihl products" he may have not had a problem.

How do I know this? I bought one of his knockoff MS460 DP muffler covers that was very much a knock off. Paint was peeling after 20 mins of use

If a person was to buy a chain at a dealer, bring it home and never use it... then sell it on ebay... would this be copyright infringement? NO!!!!

Jim, I understand and agree about the chinezz stuff, you are correct.

But Steel is using a shotgun to deal with a few flys.

They are knocking out used parts along with repop items.

And like I said, It is not just one dealer, there are others being flagged.

Yes, it is all about the wording.

at the Stihl training you spend a half day just on product liability, and Eddie the guy putting on the course is one of the companies representatives in lawsuits. He hammers in the info, and it's not just to protect the company but dealers, and their employees also. The more more buy the book, you are as a company, the less these sleaze bag lawyers have to go on in court.

The guys at corporate HQ. hate having to send out stuff like this email, but it's the world we live in, and they like having jobs just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
And I thought it was wriitten By Thall. He's been saying virtually the same thing for as long as I've been on this website! It like taking those last few years of those posts and boiling them down to a letter!:)

Be careful what you post online

The EPA may pay you a visit when they get the mess in the Gulf off
the news, all of those bureaucrats need a reason for their share of the
rice bowl. That might be a job for SpaceMule, he already has the inside
information.

this is part of the body of an email i received this morning from Stihl. i think they are one to us!!!!

Thinking of Modifying Your Equipment?
Think Again!
While it may be tempting to tweak your chain saw to get more power, modifications like this for normal operations are dangerous, expensive, illegal and a deal-breaker for warranties. So before you attempt those modifications, here are some things to remember:
Power modifications often result in increased noise level,
which can be a violation to ANSI and OSHA standards.
The increased exhaust emissions can result in the
chain saw falling out of EPA and CARB requirements.
Alterations can create a fire hazard by changing the spark
arrestor system, allowing for the interaction of heated exhaust
gasses with highly combustible material.
Being caught with illegally modified equipment could
pose serious legal and financial risks.
Alterations to chain saws void manufacturer warranties
and decrease their longevity.
Trust the experts at STIHL to chain saw design. They
deliver a product that gives you the power you need while
meeting legal and safety requirements.
Click here to visit Your Local STIHL Dealer

:buttkick::fart::popcorn: thats what i think about it. they must be afraid that their sales might go down since the saws will last long and run better

Let me tell you a story. A few weeks ago, a little old lady came in to the Depot and was wanting to look at lawn mowers. Our lawn mower display is about 6 feet off the ground, and she couldn't see them very well. We have flat carts for hauling heavy/bulky loads, and one of these carts was sitting in front of the mowers. Before I could say anything, she jumped up on a cart and was looking at the mowers.

Now, this lady had to be in her 70's or 80's, and although she was spry, she looked very frail. I had a tremor of terror as she did this as I could just see the cart lurching and her falling to the concrete and breaking her hip. As I thought of this, a simultaneous thought occurred that my ass was on the line for getting her off of that cart without her getting hurt. I asked her to get down, and she did with no problems. At this point I went and got a ladder that customers are allowed to use and she looked at the mowers with no further issues. My thoughts during and after this:

1. I did not want to see this little old lady get hurt
  2. I did not want to get my ass fired for letting her do something blatantly stupid
  3. I did not want to see the company on the line financially for what could easily have been a major disaster

These reasons and thoughts are all different, but they are inextricably linked. So, does it really matter if a company is worried about covering their ass more than actual safety? In my mind, no. The end result is the same.

Does the depot cover there butts with the use of that ladder? I would think an elderly lady in her 70's or 80's climbing a ladder would be pretty scary if she fell.

Last edited:
Does the depot cover there butts with the use of that ladder? I would think an elderly lady in her 70's or 80's climbing a ladder would be pretty scary if she fell.

There is only one ladder customers are allowed to use. It's about 3 feet tall with a platform at the top, and has handrails all the way around. It's no different than walking up a stairway.

Latest posts

Back