Does Stihl have a "used-on" list for it's parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John from Cle Elum

At some point a decision will have to be made.
Reaction score
What is a "used-on" list you may ask? It is term used in the aerospace (among others) industry. If you are handed a part, you can go the list and find which aircraft was it used on. It makes it easy to find bone-yard parts for reuse. Stihl probably has something equivalent but it may be called something different. I am trying to find which chain saw(s) a 4138 007 1008 fits (its a tank guard). I suspect it is interchangeable with a 4138 007 1003 but I want to verify.

It is a hard plastic loop which protects the tank on an HT 75 pole saw. It also acts as a handle. Not all of them came from the factory with one. They also tend to crack.

They do have “where used” function. but as far as I know only dealers have access on the Stihl dealer site parts look up system.
I think that number is now 4139 007 1009 as it comes with the longer screw needed to hold it on
other than that google and eBay listings will sometimes say what model certain part fits.

Latest posts

Back